Notices

throttling

Old 04-13-2011, 11:38 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check Spirit Air and ATA. THose are the only two airlines that fly into ACY.
Thanks for the tip Ron!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ChineWalker
Good afternoon, real breifly; I've been an Cheif Engineer in the Merchant Marines now for 12 years and I'm getting board with it. My passion has always been powerboats and while having never had the plesure of owning one I have been around, under, over and through plenty. I want to learn how to throttle a race boat; I mean I know how and have done it on a very small scale, but I want someone to teach me; I'd like to be good at it and feel as though I have the quick wit, reaction time, understanding of trim, ballist, fuel load, sea conditions, etc that are needed as fundimentals. Basically I'd like to race w someone. I'm still relatively young and fit @ 36 so I've got a little time left ahead of me.. Where do I start? I've got some vacation time to use and would be willing to travel on my own dime just about anywhere. I realize this may appear at first glance as off the wall but this is somthing I am very serious about. Any help would be kindly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and consideration. Feel free to pm me with any questions, concerns or otherwise.
-Corey

Well, great work! You have helped me to improve my knowledge about this field. Thank you so much for sharing.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Registered
VIP Member

I'm happy to let you know I'll be in AC for the race weekend, real PITA to deal w Spirit though... I'm stoaked to meet some people, talk boats and learn as much as I can. Thanks again to everybody who had some input in this thread! P.S. I know it's awfully late but does anybody have a suggestion on a place to stay even way off the strip thats not totally booked?
Old 05-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

The Comfort Inn on Rt. 30 is close to the pits(3-4 miles), and half the price of Trump Marina.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:02 AM
Registered
VIP Member

The Comfort Inn on Rt. 30 is close to the pits(3-4 miles), and half the price of Trump Marina.
Thanks, I appreciate it!
Old 05-10-2011, 09:59 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Corey, you may not go home the same person who came to Jersey...but that could be a good thing. Just ask those Michigan Mafia guy's!
Old 05-11-2011, 01:46 AM
Registered

Default Warning The sport of offshore racing can;

**become real addictive
**turn you into a stalker (I just showed up at every race)
**make you famous (Ron P videos)
**take you to unique places (Ocean City & St. Clair, AC, OB Alabama)
**make you think your real family are your friends and your offshore friends are really your family
**make an honest man a liar (taking off work to attend a wedding or funeral knowing damn well your going to a boat race)
**put you in the photo eye of professional and craft mastered photograhers(Sharkey Images Tim, Imax Bruce and Freeze Frame Jeff)
**infect you with an overwhelming and incurable comraderie
**meet famous people (we have a God Father an Elvis, a Boomer Bieber, a Jimmy Winters and Johnathan and Andy Hillstrand and Travis Lofland of the deadliest catch)
**hear some great stories (half are lies the other half is totaly untrue)
**put you in hands on proximity of thousand and thousands of dollars worth of machinery that's fine tuned and well painted
** enhance your grammar(learning terms like stuck on stupid and rat bastid just to name a few)
** get you indulged in sponsor gifts (OPTIMA Batteries, Geico Bags & Bing energy drinks, posters, photos, and various T-Shirts)
** enhance family values (husband/wife, brother/brother, and father and son racing teams)
** enhance your international relations (teams from QATAR as well as Norway, Canada)
** put you within an earshot of some Michigan Mafia vs. Jersey Boyz banter(keep ya kids away this aint no Disney Channel $h!t)
** give you the chance to see marine vessels powered by Helicopter Turbines (Go Miss GEICO 113)
** see some good old fashion racing (some guy name Smitty chasing some guy name Louie, then that same guy Louie chasing that same fella Smitty)
** put you up close and personal with some of the most knowledgeable people in the offshore racing industy with thousands of hours of wheel and throttle experience anywhere. People who I greatly admire and proudly call FRIENDS(to sum it up "the CRAZIEST bunch of F@!king NUTZ that you can fit on any shoreline up and down the eastern seaboard")
Old 05-11-2011, 10:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And those are just our Bad Points ! And Then we have Big Bad Steve (The Cop From Miami) who watches over all of us.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Warning The sport of offshore racing can;
Corey, you may not go home the same person who came to Jersey...but that could be a good thing. Just ask those Michigan Mafia guy's!
I'LL heed your words!! I'm totally demented anyways seeing as how my favorite sound is unmuffled Big Block I'm a partial addict anyways...

Anybody have anything good to say about Atlantic Palace Suites? I'm willing to pay up to say $700 for the five nights I'll be there in order to be close to the Trump and the action, festivites, ladies, drinks,..........
Old 05-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Chine, I don't know if you know... but the Atlantic City Race has been post-poned until Sept.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.