Notices

Svl

Old 09-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

OK I will stick my head in the sand like an ostrage. But I must ask what SBI inspected in Mich. city on that boat. Was CID test done, was the manifold removed, was the cam checked,was the fly wheel checked,was the timing location checked and just how long did this inspection take. If it sounds like I am bringing more press to it the SVL racers need answers in order to feel comfortable to spend our money to compete on a level playing field.
And no I didnt kick his a$$ in KW. He beat me every race and spun out 2 times in one race and still came back and passed me. John let him get away with racing with an illeagal part which has now turned some teams away from racing in KW. The SVL fleet wants better inspections period. I will put my head back in the sand now.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure exactly what Rich did that might be a good questionm to ask him. But i do know he checked his fly wheel ,compression check and measured his drive height. The drive height was high when they got there and Brain put spacers in to make legal drive height. The compression was no where near the max allowed , kinda hard to make big HP with no compression.

Randy never said put your head in the sand just said this isnt the place to do it not much going to get solved here. I am as concerned as everone else in the class , and have spoke to ppl about it that will make a differance, and voiced my concerns.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Registered

As far as John letting him get away with using illegal part, John didnt let him do anything. That was Doc's decision to use a illegal fly wheel. SBI found it and penalized him for it, might not be the penalty some ppl like but that's different then saying John let him use illegal part.

If anything, seems to me that all the other org and races he race that yr let him use illegal parts and no one stopped him or penilized him for it.

As far as some teams getting turned away from KW, I understand Pirate's decision for not racing SBI. What I dont get is that SBI was the first Org. to bust Doc and now they dont want to race SBI. What I find funny is Doc showed up in Biloxi P1 this yr with no inspection, no dyno everyone runs on the honor system and Prirate was ok racing with a team that cheated and he is pissed at, but they are upset with the Org that caught him in KW ????

In short all I'm saying is this isnt the place to hold court in a public forum, if u have concerns I think there is better ways to deal with it.

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 09-04-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
My geuss is the next time that boat shows up at a race the org that it shows up at will have to spend hours inspecting it. If its multipal days of racing like KW it should be inspected before EVERY race and after. No one is better than Brain at crossing the line. The trust is gone for there team by the rest of the SVL teams. If they win they will be known as the team that must have done something illeagal. Why bother showing. Its so simple go to Merc., get a sealed motor, have someone install it other than Brian and dont let anyone else touch your boat. If the boat goes back to Fountain then you never know what you will get back.
Its a shame that a team/person is "known" for crossing the line/cheating and others have to race against them.My conscience would be eating at me.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
As far as John letting him get away with using illegal part, John didnt let him do anything. That was Doc's decision to use a illegal fly wheel. SBI found it and penalized him for it, might not be the penalty some ppl like but that's different then saying John let him use illegal part.

If anything, seems to me that all the other org and races he race that yr let him use illegal parts and no one stopped him or penilized him for it.

As far as some teams getting turned away from KW, I understand Pirate's decision for not racing SBI. What I dont get is that SBI was the first Org. to bust Doc and now they dont want to race SBI. What I find funny is Doc showed up in Biloxi P1 this yr with no inspection, no dyno everyone runs on the honor system and Prirate was ok racing with a team that cheated and he is pissed at, but they are upset with the Org that caught him in KW ????

In short all I'm saying is this isnt the place to hold court in a public forum, if u have concerns I think there is better ways to deal with it.
i disagree, the Pirate team has every right to be pissed. they got robbed a podium spot in KW. The Fountain should have lost their points for the first race as well. Or possibly DQ period. You gonna tell me politics didnt play a role in that decision?
Old 09-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Registered

Politics in what way, what was the advantage ???
I just dont think they thought you could take point from the first race if they didnt get caught then, possible we should go back and take all there point for the yr, because i guess we could assume they ran the fly wheel all yr.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Registered

Bruce I agree and never said anything about that, just said this isnt the play for it and not hellping the class.

If every team that ever felt they got robbed didnt race there would be no teams left racing Lol.....

I dont see Pirate on here *****ing they are handling like gentlemen they know better and delt with it the proper way with SBI , I guess Randy is talking for them.

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 09-04-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Bruce I agree and never said anything about that, just said this isnt the play for it and not hellping the class.

If every team that ever felt they got robbed didnt race there would be no teams left racing Lol.....
i agree, I'll play nice. There is still hope for the class.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Registered

Bruce,
That all i'm am saying we need to try and look to the futhure and keep going if we can . I understand excactly how they feel and respect it been there plenty of time myself, we all have.... we dont live in a perfect world.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:57 AM
Registered

Let doc run his own rules in oss problem solved.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.