Notices

Svl

Old 09-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
My ONLY concern is anyone shows up at LOTO puts there boat in a stock 525 class and lay's down a 105 Radar and a 108 GPS run and the racing word says WTF..
LOTO Does not have a "stock 525" class. It's a

FOR MODIFIED FACTORY ENGINES WITHOUT POWER (INCLUDES 525 SC STOCK, 500hp, 500efi, 525efi)

So it's a 525 class built up to what ever you want just no blowers, turbos, NOS.. etc.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Thanks Rick for the clairification. I was reading it as stock 500,525 motors in that class. Yes that makes all the differance in the world.
Last year OSS DQed the Fountain in Biloxi for illeagal parts. He ran in P1 there as well but was not tec'd and was given the win.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

FOR MODIFIED FACTORY ENGINES WITHOUT POWER (INCLUDES 525 SC STOCK, 500hp, 500efi, 525efi)

I'm having trouble understanding what this means.

I get modified and I get factory engines, but WIHTOUT POWER has me stumped. And it includes 525 SC? What is that? Should that be a 575 sc? I take the rest to mean that you can also run a 500 or 525 in this class.

Help????
Old 09-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Ron P

I'm having trouble understanding what this means.

I get modified and I get factory engines, but WIHTOUT POWER has me stumped. And it includes 525 SC? What is that? Should that be a 575 sc? I take the rest to mean that you can also run a 500 or 525 in this class.

Help????
Supercharger, Blower, Pro-Charger, N.O.S. - All those are WITH POWER ADD ON'S

We ran Modified WITHOUT POWER class.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

pv2f1
p-professional
v-v hull
2- 27 to 31 feet
f- factory modified engine ie 525 500 merc no power adders
1-one engine

So he went in a class open to any boat that would fit the guidelines not svl spec class hope this helps.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Thanks. That makes perfect sense.

Anything goes as long as it's naturally asperated....so, no problem with going 105 or more.

And there shouldn't have been any problem with Lance running 800 hp last year either.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ron P
Thanks. That makes perfect sense.

Anything goes as long as it's naturally asperated....so, no problem with going 105 or more.

And there shouldn't have been any problem with Lance running 800 hp last year either.
Ron, to clarify, last year we ran a Merlin talldeck 598 naturally aspirated that dynoed at 802 hp, 820 ft lbs of torque .
The motor is a drag racing motor I use in my dragboat that we race in 1000 feet. It was not a factory motor in any way shape or form. We entered our Svl in the Svl class, not knowing there was a class for modified engines. We did so completely under the radar with no one knowing that we had changed motors.
After the run mike protested our run and requested we return for our boat to be inspected, as our boat had never run anything close to that speed before. We had a drive hanging off the back and were taking on water, we got towed back to the ramp where we launched and did not go back for inspections.
Doc had every right to protest our run and had every right to request our boat be tech'd
We were running an illegal motor for the class we ran in.
The next day we were switched to a modified class and given the first place award rightfully so,
Please don't think what we ran was anything close to a mercury 525.
We ran for fun, it cost us a lot of money when we fixed broken parts, but in the end the loto run is for bragging rights and a 3 dollar trophy.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Lance why was your motor concidered to be in the modified class? Did it have a blower,NOS or any of the power adders the rules speeK of? You have run the LOTO shoot out and live on the lake and would like to here your take on the rules in the F class. Is it anything goes asperated or anything goes with blue paint? or stock 525?
We all know it didnt have a stock 525 in it to do those speeds. Thats not the point any more.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:42 AM
Registered

Randy, my understanding is the F class is for factory motors, assembled by a manufacturer and available to the general public in their originally designed form.
The shootout does have a tech inspection prior to the race but it is nothing like we are used to in racing with the different orgs.
Basically they inspect the boat, and make sure you are in the right class. The rest is on an honor system as to what is actually in the boat.
Again, the loto shootout is strictly for fun, it isn't sanctioned by any professional organization, and no speeds are really officially in any record books, it's more about bragging rights and having fun all for charity for a lot of good causes.
This event is becoming the largest event of it's kind, the street party on wed before the shootout had 74 boats register and attend this year, it was bigger than anything I've ever seen. I haven't heard this years attendance numbers but last year we had approx 45,000 people in attendance. Most of the exotic boats you see are at the docks for our poker run and just out cruising around.
It's a must see event for anyone who loves boats.
For anyone who loves fast boats our shootout is one event to put on
Old 09-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As WreckDr. says, when I looked into the rules for my bat boat, f- factory modified engine class was for all the NA Mercury Racing Blue Motors. ie modified by the factory to a standard spec. without blowers etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.