Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Marathon live stream >

Marathon live stream

Notices

Marathon live stream

Old 07-08-2015, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I also agree a new spec motor is needed for OPA. I would suggest they start on that discussion ASAP for next year.

Last edited by TYPHOON; 07-08-2015 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Not sure what you don't get about spec racing. Do you think for one minute that APBA back in the Factory days would let in a non conforming boat just to build boat count? Both those boats were not legal per the spec rule book. If you don't get that then I cant help your stupidity. I know you are rather new to the sport so I understand your lack of knowledge.
Could you please explain how those boats were both illegal. Was it the tire pressure? If so that would explain a lot.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
I also agree a new spec motor is needed for OPA. I would suggest they start on that discussion ASAP for next year.
SBI looked at a lot of difference option, Merc new power plant was literally twice the price of the direction SBI choose.
Randy as u said OPA need to look at all it options, there are a lot out there. SBI goal was reliable power and a motor to keep the class affordable. I guess we'll see as time goes one if it was the right option.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:12 PM
Registered

it would be great if they use the same engine as SBI. It would put all this BS to bed.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by extras
it would be great if they use the same engine as SBI. It would put all this BS to bed.
I'm sure its an option Smitty will look at. Hes followed suit with the new Superboat class engine. This always teams like Cleveland Construction, WHM, Amsoil to run both Org on a level playing field. If u weigh the advantages for the sport ( bigger pic) u would have 10 / 12 boats that could race any given event.

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 07-08-2015 at 08:43 PM.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:08 AM
Registered

I dont have a svl so i really dont have any say. After saying that maybe a conference call between the owners of svl boats that race any of the different Org might help make a standard set of rules. Just my 2 cents
Old 07-09-2015, 08:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by extras
Could you please explain how those boats were both illegal. Was it the tire pressure? If so that would explain a lot.
I believe one had a SBI Vortec motor that was banned at that time and don't remember what the other one was. Did both boats show or just one? As I recall they could have stayed and raced in class 4. This is nothing new in any org. NO ONE likes racing at the same time with other class boats that look like yours when they have more speed. Its a ****ty feeling knowing many people think you are getting beat. Most fans have no idea there are different classes on the course. How many times have you heard people say Geico kicked every body's butt.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by excal27
I dont have a svl so i really dont have any say. After saying that maybe a conference call between the owners of svl boats that race any of the different Org might help make a standard set of rules. Just my 2 cents
And that is the only way it's gonna work.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 07-09-2015, 11:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Vortec Bandit
And that is the only way it's gonna work.
Im all ears for listening to suggestions. What I can see happening is some will like it one way and others will like it another way and someone (me) will get accused of destroying the class with my input. Everyone would need to make a change IMO. I like the new Merc 520 package.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.