Marathon live stream

Notices

Marathon live stream

Old 07-08-2015, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by klaatutooyou
I think frank answered that truthfully.

You were really a part of racing in the f-1 days .
But you have done nothing but take svl apart since day one .
If trying to have fair spec rules and keeping to the original Merc. spec motor then yes I am guilty.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll tell you what came up at the OPGP drivers meeting. My boat and few others with SBI motors were registered for P4. At the meeting we were told because of boat count numbers we would all have to run svl class together. The method for parity would be that 3 boats in attendance with sealed motors would run 1 short lap which would be the second lap and the 4 others would run full laps. All agreed, including the officials that this was not an ideal situation especially with this being a purse race. BUT, we were also told as racers to sit down and figure out an engine package for all to use and put us,back on an even playing field. Looks like SBI are already on top of this. The 525efi is no longer available new so the reality is you cannot continue to have a discontinued motor as a spec motor where brand new boats are entering a class. I for one do not want to build a race engine package with used parts. If I can't call a manufacturer and have a replacement sent to me right away it shouldn't be used in a spec class. Entering with a New boat and having to search the classifieds for used parts to make it race ready is not moving forward but moving backwards. 525 owners could dump their engines right now and have a new spec motor built with change in their pocket. Then we could all race together in harmony. A couple of those sealed motor guys at Sarasota could of swapped out to their big motors and changed up the final positions.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Vortec Bandit
I'll tell you what came up at the OPGP drivers meeting. My boat and few others with SBI motors were registered for P4. At the meeting we were told because of boat count numbers we would all have to run svl class together. The method for parity would be that 3 boats in attendance with sealed motors would run 1 short lap which would be the second lap and the 4 others would run full laps. All agreed, including the officials that this was not an ideal situation especially with this being a purse race. BUT, we were also told as racers to sit down and figure out an engine package for all to use and put us,back on an even playing field. Looks like SBI are already on top of this. The 525efi is no longer available new so the reality is you cannot continue to have a discontinued motor as a spec motor where brand new boats are entering a class. I for one do not want to build a race engine package with used parts. If I can't call a manufacturer and have a replacement sent to me right away it shouldn't be used in a spec class. Entering with a New boat and having to search the classifieds for used parts to make it race ready is not moving forward but moving backwards. 525 owners could dump their engines right now and have a new spec motor built with change in their pocket. Then we could all race together in harmony. A couple of those sealed motor guys at Sarasota could of swapped out to their big motors and changed up the final positions.
I was on board with ya till the last sentence.. At least 2 of these boats with stock motors have an SBI motor and COULD have run them if They had known what they were racing against. BUT, as you said at the last minute the decision was made to run like this and it was what it was. Personally I think it was $hitty because the guys were again promised X amt. of $$ to race in a certain class, they get there and it is changed, Period. I don't know all of the reasons behind what prompted this format so I am not putting blame anywhere, I'm sure there was a reason.

The situation where we are with no availability of the sealed motors from Merc anymore sucks. I have raced with both and they both have their pro's and cons. If you were in Sarasota I think you would agree that Sarasota Ford and LSB were the race of the class, and both have sealed motors. Smokin Joe's would have also been in the mix (with the same power) if they didn't have their non-boat related issues. The rest of the fleet was pretty spread out after that. And short compared to long laps or not, it was very clear what the difference was between a boat running flat out with a sealed motor compared to a boat with an SBI motor. I have seen what some people are saying about this being an exhibition, and guys not running flat out, etc, blah blah blah..
Well you guys are all dip$hits and need to stay here on the computer and away from racing. cuz #1 you don't know what you're talking about and probably weren't there, and #2 you must have done a lot of "exhibition" races yourself because I don't know of ANY TRUE RACER who doesn't get in that boat and run that ***** flat out! That is the only way to run and I can guarantee you with money on the line and any kind of competition, You are gonna run flat out no matter what. My $.02

Oh yeah, and Randy is a Dick.. haha
Old 07-08-2015, 11:51 AM
Registered

I'm with you. I did mean that they could have if they chose to change motors. Wasn't implying they did.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to agree with Kevin the first day in kw the first few laps before Kev lost his hatch was some exciting all out wide open race. If Kev didnt have a issue in the harbor and we did have our issues i would of like to seen the drag race to the finish.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:54 AM
Registered

Either way a great race. And a Thank You to LSB for the loaner prop and Smokin Joe's for the slings.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Not sure what you don't get about spec racing. Do you think for one minute that APBA back in the Factory days would let in a non conforming boat just to build boat count? Both those boats were not legal per the spec rule book. If you don't get that then I cant help your stupidity. I know you are rather new to the sport so I understand your lack of knowledge.
How were George and Steve not legal? and you ask me where I come up with my stuff? Its called facts backed up with proof. How were they not legal when in fact Sunprint competed in SIB earlier that year and Imco competed in SIB and St Clair without disqualification? Yet a 98 mph svl(check the OPA record book for 2007) was allowed to compete in your staged, oops excuse me controled race that hadn't run all year? You say Smitty followed the rules when in fact there were no rules for OPA SVL 2010 and they were released for 2011 and some of the highlights of those rules was that the motor be sent to Wazzup Racing Engines to be dynoed and sealed and the best rule of them all that year, all trailer tires must have 35 PSI. The contract for OB was 1000 per boat, if OPA was able to bring 35 or above it would go to 50,000. Fact of the matter, this was announced right here on OSO and you made the suggestion that the left over monies be divided amongst the champions. Smitty called these teams as he was looking out for the benefit and health of his organization, kudos to Smitty and I really respect him that he took the heat for you and your flocks decision to stage a race, oops I mean controlled race and to turn boats away. I guess the IMCO boat screeching through the pits almost hitting my hydro display was cause he was happy to see you? Short memory Randy? Instead of the here and now and you being so self serving, why dont you think about today but keep tomorrow in mind? Your nearsightedness and self serving has destroyed the class before, then that flock sold their boats to fresh meat and you got your claws into them, they are learning quick to your antics and it wont be long before you are faced with new victims that dont know any better for you to screw the class up again..I got a call just last week that you had informed a team that the SBI motors are 150 hp higher than those of OPA.. Knowing I had stock sealed 525's in the Formula i raced, my dyno numbers for the motors were 567 & 568 respectively..My new SBI spec motor just dynoed out at 608.. 40 hp is a far cry from 150 hp.... Quit with your lies, they were old 15 years ago, same song, different station.

In the attached link showing the results, it shows you won both days with the exact finishing order on both days, however, I know for a fact Pirate was the "controlled race" 1 winner

http://www.oparacing.org/results_2010.html

Last edited by F1-00 Racing; 07-08-2015 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

and Kevin when I used the word, "exhibition" I never implied they didnt run full out. But in reality, with OPGP being a one and done series hence no points, yeah a bunch of prize monies but in the past most of the SBI teams donated their winnings to the Kids, IMO with the race being broadcast on CBS Sports next week they had to have a showcased class to show with a quantity of boats and P4 wasnt what they wanted. A competitor that raced in Sarasota even posted on my teams FB page , "You should have came to Sarasota, it's run what ya brung"

OK just as Randy likes to twist words when I say staged, he says "controlled race" I apologize for my use of the word "exhibition" as my intention was it nothing more than the Bud Shootout before Daytona and the Charlotte All Star Races are only "exhibition" races in Nascar with the teams racing all out for money and pride, yet they are all "so the rule book says" legal and equal. If you have any suggestions of any word that I can use different, by all means i am all ears

Last edited by F1-00 Racing; 07-08-2015 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Vortec Bandit
I'm with you. I did mean that they could have if they chose to change motors. Wasn't implying they did.

Oh no, ur fine Man, I got ya! It was good to see your boat finally out there, it looked great, obviously a lot of hours went into it. Hopefully we'll get to see more of you guys this season.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

The only guy's complaining about me are SBI loyalist that want to build there own motors. Sooooo again stay where you are happy. I prefer OPA/APBA so that's where I race. If at some point I race in SBI I will follow there rules. This doesn't have to be a pissing match.
I thought but not certain that Time Bandit won that race in OB first day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.