F1 Motor Issues Need Help >

F1 Motor Issues Need Help

Notices

F1 Motor Issues Need Help

Old 08-29-2003, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ScottB
I will be the first to admit, I need more experience in the boat, but it still doesn't change the fact that when the
green flag fly's and everyone is going strait the 525's just walk away. The guys winning are the best in the buisiness regardless, but it still is an unfair advantage.
I can think of a few times they fell off pace due to mechanic failure, slightspin, or slight stuff but nobody was even close enough to take advantage.
Take our boat for a ride after tons of prop work, time spent at lake X tons of hours on bottom work, a freshened engine for this season etc. and you'll see how a 29 foot boat at our weight accellerates. Not good
We raced with Randy in Daytona on the 10mile stretch back to the inlet and neither boat pulled away and inch.
We saw speeds on the gps on that run almost 3mph faster than we have recorded in any race this year.
Screw the changes, I would love to race a long course again where accelleration is less of a factor
Hey Scott,
I felt your pain. Our SCL had #6s on the back so we lost hp with the tranny and the huge gearset. Then we had to weigh 1000#s more then the Bravo boats. In flat water it was like we shut our motors off as the rest of the boats just ran away. So what do you do? If you choose to run a big boat then you need to pray for rough water. You also need to think about propping your boat more for acceleration and less for top end. You need to pick your fights and know what races you need to go balls to the wall and where you need to just race conservative to get points.

Just race smart and even the slowest boat in the fleet can win a national championship.