Biloxi Racecourse WOW!! >

Biloxi Racecourse WOW!!

Notices

Biloxi Racecourse WOW!!

Old 04-19-2004, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it doesn't get any closer than this
this'll be my first race to attend......hopefully I can get as close as possible looking forward to it!!!
Old 04-19-2004, 01:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks pretty shallow, 3 feet deep in some parts. Sure hope it's not low tide...

http://www.offshoresuperseries.com/biloxicoursebig.jpg

Last edited by Baja Daze; 04-19-2004 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

scroll down to april , high tide in afternoon.

http://www.fishoncharters.net/blxtide.html
Old 04-19-2004, 01:34 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

97 Boss, you are gonna be in heaven. 38 boats in just 4 classes, running just a few hundred feet away from the wall, what could be better?

I'll see ya in the pits.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:47 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

It looks like a really cool and tricky course which makes for good racing. Reminds me of my PWC racing days.

How wide/narrow is that skinny portion of the channel with two way traffic going through there? What is the depth there? I think the setup can work if executed well, but that narrow neck in the channel is going to be the pitfall and most dangerous area. Depending on angles, and traffic, a lot of boats will be cutting in there blind. If something happens there, you are going to have no choice but IMMEDIATELY STOPPING the race. Your going to need a uniform signal and helicopters with 12' x 12' red flags draped below them to get your info across in those busy conditions.
Old 04-19-2004, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by mr_velocity
If you don't like it don't race it. But do something positive for those want to race there, just shut up.
Wait a minute there champ....... you better check the past few months of this forum and see who has been getting the short end of the "stick" for months. I guess the "Big Boys" cant take a little critical inquiry!! You reap what you sow.......
Old 04-19-2004, 02:40 PM
Registered

Ron - just tell me what you'll be in and I'll be sure to stop by and chat.
Old 04-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Registered

Originally posted by d-hlaw
Wait a minute there champ....... you better check the past few months of this forum and see who has been getting the short end of the "stick" for months. I guess the "Big Boys" cant take a little critical inquiry!! You reap what you sow.......
Mike has been bashing anything non-APBA. If they want to race that course why should you or Mike or anyone else care or bash their decision. Sounds like it was an educated dicision too. They were there, saw the course, looked at the charts. If you don't like it don't put your boat in the water. Just stop all the BS bashing when it comes to racing.
Also, show me one OSS member other than possibly Peconic, someone I never agree with btw, bashing any racing on this site.

Go back and check Mike's post, critical inquiry?

Last edited by mr_velocity; 04-19-2004 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-19-2004, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Also, show me one OSS member other than possibly Peconic, someone I never agree with btw, bashing any racing on this site."

I will agree with you on this....... I am not opposed to OSS, or SBI.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:16 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Fever Mike
Remember "they" checked this course with a "stick"! Yup, all 16 million+ sq feet with a 1" round stick in a day no less!
The question about the turn is fair, but these comments and the ones that you posted after the turn question does nothing but bash.

St Cloud also has some very shallow spots as well, so much so that we ran with the lids off. We also figured we had enough air, 2 hours worth at the end of a race, that would could be dragged back to the crane upside down if we went over on the last lap. Why aren't you concernced about the race there too?

Quick Reply: Biloxi Racecourse WOW!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.