Biloxi Racecourse WOW!! >

Biloxi Racecourse WOW!!

Notices

Biloxi Racecourse WOW!!

Old 04-20-2004, 05:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Myself and Open 72 and a few others will be there Sunday in the am in my ride.Should we have name tags
to let everyone who is who
Attached Thumbnails Biloxi Racecourse WOW!!-seanstruck1.jpg  
Old 04-20-2004, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally posted by racer-x6
HOW ABOUT AN OSO RAFTING PARTY BEFORE THE RACE SO EVERYONE COULD MEET FELLOW OSO MEMBERS?
OPEN72 ARE YOU TRAILERING DOWN OR DRIVING THE PIMP RIDE?
pimp ridin' my motor is at PRECISION MARINE in a few boxes i tell ya , if i was in the water i would need a second mortgage on my house for fuel. the races in BILOXI, the TICKFAW 200 next weekend and to boot you also have the races in ORANGE BEACH the same weekend.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:45 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Racer x6 we will be there in the Hustler.Open 72 and Jassman suppose to going also.

Anybody else carrying a boat to watch ?????

Lets go racing
Attached Images  

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:07 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Ron P

Here's some more info. I didn't know that there would be a fleet of 28' Bat Boats in attendance.
Ron: They will be. Except that they are 24', but that's a minor detail. Will probably be in the first race.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:53 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys don't get down on Fever over his concern for safty. When he was safty guy for APBA he was one of the few guys that made me feel like I was going to be ok out on the race course if something BAD happened. He just has the interests of the racers in mind and frankly I have to agree with him. If a boat stuffs or flips it can go MUCH deeper then 6 or 8 feet into the water, and if they do flip then you NEED water under the boat to get the driver and T-man out. He knows this as do a lot of others and that I believe is his concern. I do not see what he says as bashing but more tounge and cheek concern for the racers.

Jon
Old 04-21-2004, 08:09 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Fever Mike
Ron, we all can criticize anything or anyone we want...free country dude...if the board gods don't like it it is there board and they can delete the thread, post or member.
Fans have a right to voice an opinion and discuss racing or the sport here if they choose too. I nor anyone has to agree with everything. I choose to speak my mind.

Reguardless, the course is close to land and it should be exciting to say the least! Best wishes to everyone!
ANYONE CAN SAY ANYTHING THEY WANT IN HERE AS LONG AS IT IS NOT OFFENSIVE OR ABUSIVE. I DON'T REMEMBER MIKE BEING AN ASS TO ANYONE. IF YOU CAN'T DISCUSS SOMETHING WITH MIKE, THEN YOU MAY NEED TO WORK ON YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:56 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Turn 2 and 3 will be the only place they can stuff on only if the weather is bad.but I dought the waves will be anywhere near 3 foot there . The rest will only be race boat wakes . It will be flat. It was a No Wake zone

Mike the other thing I thought about if there more than three wide before turn 1 I would not want to be on the out side close to the concrete walls.

Everybody be safe and be able to race another day

Let them run lite on fuel and air them cats out.
Maybe we will see some good average speeds

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:20 AM
Registered

Folks: Do NOT take the placement of the turn buoys on the map as mantra. Do NOT enter the lat longs in your GPS or you might get lost. The map is very preliminary. Turns will be placed before the race as needed.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:09 AM
Kent Perroux

In addition to the safety of the racers, if something does go bad and the "perception" from the public that enough care was not taken to maximize safety, it can further hamper the sport. We already have enough sea turtles, manatees, noise regulations, blowboats, and anybody elso not into powerboats that are always trying to put the brakes on us. Lets just not give them more fuel for the demise of Offshore Powerboat Racing.

Last edited by Kent Perroux; 04-22-2004 at 08:05 AM.

Old 04-21-2004, 11:44 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

A radar speed run is also scheduled for Saturday from Noon to 3pm.

The weather report is looking much better than it had been. Only a 30% chance of rain on Sunday.

Quick Reply: Biloxi Racecourse WOW!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.