Grand Haven, MI exhaust...

Notices

Grand Haven, MI exhaust...

Old 09-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dreamer1q
DONE!!!! Todd you get sand in your vagina???? You do live in Michigan right

I am going to burn the last drops of fuel out of Bad Karma this weekend. Making a river run up at Hardy to see the colors change. Cool, but a good time for a few beers with the missus.
hey q

ya i hate to throw in the towell. but closing the pool saturday. cousins kids b-day party sunday. wedding next weekend. does it ever stop. hey my hot rod is still out. so at least i can make a little noise around here.
todd
Old 09-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
I'm also staying in GH, I have PVC downtubes but its a pain to remove my Drew Marine Shotguns and put the down tubes on. Its straight dry pipes to the tips once the Shotguns are off. I'll fab something up this winter. I've turned my shotguns into pnuematic already so maybe I'll put some stainless down tubes in front of them.

I knew my days were numbered out there, like everyone was saying they were being somewhat relaxed this year. I will put the PVC on this weekend and make another attempt to burn the gas out of this pig. Maybe Muskegon would be easier.
J- I hope to go out next weekend to burn off my fuel. if not then the next. I don't care if it is 40 dayum degrees i want to see if i can break 70 with this dayum thing!!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the story this year? Are the fun police leaving people alone this year or being jerks? I have not seen many posts about Grand Haven this year, has it been dead? I hope to make it out in the next week or two if it ever warms up. Thanks!
Old 06-15-2009, 12:06 PM
Registered

I've been diligently working on getting my boat ready this year and will be test running in the next few days... so I don't know first hand.

However, I have been walking the GH pier about 2-3 times a week and I have seen several people running open exhaust (no mufflers, thru transom), a few guys with some horsepower getting away with it.

I saw an old Cary 50 take off and he left most of the people at the end of the pier deaf - I loved it! He had some serious sleeper motors in that big boat.

There's also been a dredge barge out at the end of the pier that runs around the clock... they have some big diesel engines turning some RPM's out there that would definitely get pulled over for noise!
Old 06-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Registered

They don't seem to messing with people as much but alot of people have mufflers so that may be why. I think if you come in on one and stay away from the police you would be fine.

Worst case go to home depot and make some 90 turn downs out of pvc. Make them so they slip over your tailpipes. Then cut 4 slots in the tube so you can clamp them on with a basic stainless clamp. Leave them off and store them in the bilge. If the police mess with you you can slap them on and say you forgot to put them on. They likely will let you go with a warning. Even if they give you a R&R ticket you can instantly have another cop te-test the boat and sign the ticket.
For $50-75 it is an easy solution for place like GH.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

I got pulled over yesterday. I was one of about five boats in the whole channel. Luckily I passed. Twin small blocks were 90.7 db. so he could have gave me a ticket. So I think there still up to their old tricks. Saw a beatifull 43 Nor-Tech beached along the channel. Never heard it run but I'm sure it's loud. Awesome boat.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Registered

During the week they pull everyone over. They drive around all morning and afternoon with nothing to do so they pull the only few boats over they see.

Must have been Dustins 43, it is pretty quite and one sweet ride.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

So they're still strictly enforcing it. Bummer, that will prob. keep me away again this year...
Old 06-18-2009, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCUPv...e=channel_page

Here is the good old days in grand haven
Old 06-18-2009, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjAE8...e=channel_page

MORE

Quick Reply: Grand Haven, MI exhaust...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.