Summer 2008 Can/Am Georgian Bay Tour - "Discussion Thread"

Notices

Summer 2008 Can/Am Georgian Bay Tour - "Discussion Thread"

Old 01-23-2012, 01:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
Hey all you northern guys... Does anyone have interest in doing a similar trip in Summer 2012?

Maybe it warrants it's own thread, but I figured I post here first to give this cool thread a bump

We have been doing some research on summer boating destinations, and I think Georgian bay is the winner. If there is some interest in going as a group I would be more than willing to help put it all together.
I'm still around and always up for anything on Georgian Bay. It's as beautiful as ever. I'm happy to help with some logistics on the Canadian end of things.
Bob
Old 01-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
I'm still around and always up for anything on Georgian Bay. It's as beautiful as ever. I'm happy to help with some logistics on the Canadian end of things.
Bob
Thanks, Bob.

After all the advice you gave us for our Key West trip, I know if I listen to your wisdom we are sure to have a great vacation

I think Key west will be an every other year trip for us, so we are looking for a good place to spend a week that's a little closer to home. I have never done any boating north of Lake Erie, so the Georgian bay area is very appealing.

Even if we don't have a group to do a tour up there, we are planning on heading up and exploring on our own. I may bug you for some logistical assistance when we get some dates pinned down.

Looking forward to hopefully meeting you in Miami next month. Will you be at the OSO party?
Old 01-23-2012, 04:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
Thanks, Bob.

After all the advice you gave us for our Key West trip, I know if I listen to your wisdom we are sure to have a great vacation

I think Key west will be an every other year trip for us, so we are looking for a good place to spend a week that's a little closer to home. I have never done any boating north of Lake Erie, so the Georgian bay area is very appealing.

Even if we don't have a group to do a tour up there, we are planning on heading up and exploring on our own. I may bug you for some logistical assistance when we get some dates pinned down.

Looking forward to hopefully meeting you in Miami next month. Will you be at the OSO party?
Glad Key West trip worked out for you.

I will keep the Donzi in Midland, ON again this summer so can meet you on the Bay most anytime. I will likely head over to MI for Boyne Thunder and there are a few poker runs I will do here in ON. I can put my dates together and let you know how that looks for getting together. Also if Performance Boat Club of Canada does an overnight trip up to Kilarney would be fun.

I will be at the OSO party in Miami so hope to see you there. My US cell is 239-776-0481.

Bob
Old 01-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Glad Key West trip worked out for you.

I will keep the Donzi in Midland, ON again this summer so can meet you on the Bay most anytime. I will likely head over to MI for Boyne Thunder and there are a few poker runs I will do here in ON. I can put my dates together and let you know how that looks for getting together. Also if Performance Boat Club of Canada does an overnight trip up to Kilarney would be fun.

I will be at the OSO party in Miami so hope to see you there. My US cell is 239-776-0481.

Bob

Maybe we will try to plan our vacation around an event. We had thought about doing Boyne Thunder as well, but it would have to be one or the other. Not enough vacation time to do both! Summer cant get here soon enough!

See you in Miami