Notices

Looking up north

Old 03-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have been through the stump fields and the river several times with my other boats, just being a holiday weekend with lots of careless boaters makes me a little uncomfortable becuase it definitely gets tight in spots. Maybe we should all parade in from Elk lake, then everyone would get out of our way
Old 03-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just remember BOYZ, the 4th on Torch is one of the busy weekends all summer and fun ones.Any boat on this post can nav. the waters from torch to elk rapids....(don't know about the captains thou!!!lol)
Old 03-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by 26sxl
Just remember BOYZ, the 4th on Torch is one of the busy weekends all summer and fun ones.Any boat on this post can nav. the waters from torch to elk rapids....(don't know about the captains thou!!!lol)
Rick, what is the name of that boat launch on Elk Lake that has a pretty steap road leading to it???...I think there is a camp site next to it. It is out in the middle of nowhere just south of Elk Rapids by about 8 miles or so. I think it might be a DNR or County launch site.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
I was there last year for the 4th, the lake and ramps were packed. I launched at Skegmog and it was really tight with for my 32' and crew cab long bed truck. There are alot of big boats on the lake so I am sure you could find a good place to launch.
Andy- we were launching at the clam lake ramp on the north side and yes it's kinda tight. Can't wait to do again this year!
Old 03-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Registered

It looks like we will be at the Clam Lake marina I just booked a transient dock for that week.
I also booked a cottage on the Torch Lake about a mile away.
I am looking forward to this trip.
I hope by Monday I will have a room booked at Boyne City for the poker run.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 26sxl
Is that a challengeHaha see you there!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Reality Check
Andy- we were launching at the clam lake ramp on the north side and yes it's kinda tight. Can't wait to do again this year!
My brain was pretty foggy that weekend???????
Old 03-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
My brain was pretty foggy that weekend???????
I think we all were! Round 2 will have to be better!
Old 03-13-2009, 08:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Reality Check
I think we all were! Round 2 will have to be better!
Lets hope so, give me a call when you get a chance
Old 03-14-2009, 09:05 AM
Registered

Did you guys drive into Bellaire (4-5boats) on your waty to the clam lake access? I remember a Parade of larger boats coming into town last summer and I remember the largest being a 32 susation. Later on I drove out to the clam lake access and say the trailers parked along the road.

I have never been down the grass river so I cant say first hand what its like but as i said the fishermans paradise site was dredged late last fall. It used to be about 20inches deep so even small boats had trouble. I know this first hand because my buddy bid on the dredging project and the state dicided to do it themselves. One advantage to the fishermans paradise is that the parking lot is probably 3times the size of clam lake and as was said earlier it will be busy.

Ill second the motion on having a few brews at Shorts, its a block down from my office. If you want a nicer place to take the wife. Go to Lulu's- they are right next to me.

Quick Reply: Looking up north

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.