Notices

Jacks On The Water

Old 04-14-2010, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found another link to the no wake zones as well, interesting reading. http://www.waynecounty.com/mygovt/sh...gulations.aspx
Old 04-14-2010, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by laszlo01
Found another link to the no wake zones as well, interesting reading. http://www.waynecounty.com/mygovt/sh...gulations.aspx
So I wonder if the 1000' no wake sign I saw outside of the Wyandotte boat ramp is an old sign, becasue it completly contradicts the 300' no wake zone that is in that article...
Old 04-14-2010, 08:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by low_psi
So I wonder if the 1000' no wake sign I saw outside of the Wyandotte boat ramp is an old sign, becasue it completly contradicts the 300' no wake zone that is in that article...
As usual leave it up to the county to confuse the hell out of it !
Old 04-14-2010, 10:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hopefully the new owners of Jack's on St Clair , turn it back to what it was a few years ago..., a cool hang out for boaters, I hate how they ruined the bar atmosphere by replacing the bar stools w/low seating, & low quality food I enjoy sitting up & seeing the boat traffic ect.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha! 40mph on the Detroit and Rouge Rivers... No problems on that one!
Old 04-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ran-Dom 32
Hopefully the new owners of Jack's on St Clair , turn it back to what it was a few years ago..., a cool hang out for boaters, I hate how they ruined the bar atmosphere by replacing the bar stools w/low seating, & low quality food I enjoy sitting up & seeing the boat traffic ect.
I agree... It is a shame that place got so nasty. Near the end they were ranked one of the dirtiest kitchens in Macomb County. They even made it on TV for being so disgusting. I brought a girl there to eat and she ended up with food poisoning. I hope they get the old atmosphere back and get better food.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by low_psi

Screw those walleye fisherman! They think they own the river.... Thank god they are only out there early in the season. Not all of them are that way though. But it seems every time out early in the season I have some guy yelling at me to shut my boat off becasue it's too loud. It's not my fault they are fishish right in the middle of the channel.. You guys know how shallow it is outside of the marked channel right out side of wyandotte & ecorse......

Hey kaama377, I keep my Velocity over at the store & Launch. I have been keeping boats here for quite some time. Had my Baja 250 over there and my Scarab 21 as well. If I am not mistaken you used to have an Orange Kevlar Scarab With Best Shot on the side......
Yeah that would be me. Boy do I miss that boat. I regret sellin it. It went to Tulsa Oklahoma. I've been meaning to shoot the guy an e-mail just to see how she's doin. Now I have the Excalibur with the flame paint job. A little slower with a bunch more room to keep my wife happy and me out of a cruiser. But I really miss those twin turbos. I told him if he ever wanted to sell it to call me first. Couple of Tyler Crockett motors now. As you can see I couldn't bring myself to change my user name and the Excalibur is now Best Shot III.

Last edited by kaama377; 04-14-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kaama377
Yeah that would be me. Boy do I miss that boat. I regret sellin it. It went to Tulsa Oklahoma. I've been meaning to shoot the guy an e-mail just to see how she's doin. Now I have the Excalibur with the flame paint job. A little slower with a bunch more room to keep my wife happy and me out of a cruiser. But I really miss those twin turbos. I told him if he ever wanted to sell it to call me first. Couple of Tyler Crockett motors now. As you can see I couldn't bring myself to change my user name and the Excalibur is now Best Shot III.
Are you happy with the Excaliber? We had one fully loaded (Gen./Heat/Air, etc) with "Headed South" on the side of the boat. Great boat, beautiful as can be, but slower than hell and a b!tch to get on plane!
Old 04-14-2010, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Is the restaurant/bar called "BROWNS" still around??? I thought it was kind of a neat place for boaters to dock at, however docking was a little to be desired from what I remember....I think it is up a river a few miles or so not too far from Muskamoot Bay. I was only there once back in 2001 with my boat.

Last edited by KAAMA; 04-14-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Is the restaurant/bar called "BROWNS" still around??? I thought it was kind of a neat place for boaters to dock at, however docking was a little to be desired from what I remember....I think it is up a river a few miles or so not too far from Muskamoot Bay. I was only there once back in 2001 with my boat.
Ha... Yeah, Browns is still around, and yup... their docks still suck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.