Notices

Torch Lake MI boaters?

Old 05-26-2010, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EASY WAKE
Yes, there's a dock located there, one sider, shallow launch,we had a tough time unloading our little 202, i would say max 24' max shallow draft!
Yep, that ramp is a joke although it provides some good entertainment for spectators. I would launch at Luhrs Landing it is worth the couple bucks and the ride up the river is pretty nice.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Perfectmix
Yep, that ramp is a joke although it provides some good entertainment for spectators. I would launch at Luhrs Landing it is worth the couple bucks and the ride up the river is pretty nice.
U would not know a launch if it hit U in your big AZZ!! Don't U have a diaper 2 change or sump'n!!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
U would not know a launch if it hit U in your big AZZ!! Don't U have a diaper 2 change or sump'n!!!!
WOW
I think he knows that launch, it really is a bad launch!
The nicest launch for you go large fast guys is Torch Lake Mi north west side. quiet for the most part.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Registered

shoot the new dad a bit-a-slack wrink,sumin bout glass houses and throwin stones......
Old 05-27-2010, 02:46 PM
Registered

A new dad and he still has the boat!
AWESOME!!!
AND CONGRADULATIONS TO THE NEW DAD!!!!!
OOOOH YEAH, AND THE DOCKRAGE IS A AWESOME SPECTATOR EVENT, SOMEONE SHOULD ADD A THREAD WITH DOCKRAGE VIDEOS NOT ALOT OF GOING AROUND AT THE DOCK!!!!

Last edited by EASY WAKE; 05-27-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:03 PM
Registered

Probably skip Torch this weekend and head for Elk Rapids to do some boating on Grand Traverse bay, head into Traverse, etc...

Looks like the weather will cooperate.

mb.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'll be up this weekend... ill be at the dockside and the sandbar i have a powerquest 290 enticer with red checkers... if ya spot me ill have a cold beer waiting for ya dont be shy... see ya out there!
Old 05-28-2010, 07:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ajfisher
i'll be up this weekend... ill be at the dockside and the sandbar i have a powerquest 290 enticer with red checkers... if ya spot me ill have a cold beer waiting for ya dont be shy... see ya out there!
Alright, my plan right now is to be out Monday morning, I have my daughters graduation and family events this weekend, might make it Sunday afternoon!

I know, By Monday everyone is going home and trying to recover

Hey I have every weekend!

Thanks for the invite and have fun and be safe!
All white 202 Chris Craft stinger named boondocker
John Russell
Old 05-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Here's a few shots of the Dockside restaurant/bar on the Clam River just off of Torch Lake. The water is plenty deep enough to tie off your boat here to grab a bite to eat---Obivously, it will greatly depend on how many other boats are tied off there at the time as well which can complicate manuvering as well as other traffic passing through the channel from both directions at the same time...and that current can really mess you up fast.

It's best to have a little plan, your fenders and lines ready BEFORE you get in this tight spot if you plan to tie off at the dock to eat at the restaurant. You have to be nimble or you can find yourself in a bit of a mess very quickly----The current can be a bit tricky here. Make sure you have some deck hands at the ready.

I usually drop someone off at the end of the dock first before going in---so we have somone to throw a line to once we are commited further in the channel.

Here are some photos with lots of different angles...
That's funny, the 27 Baja is my buddy Mike and that was 3 years ago. lol
Old 05-28-2010, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Hooperdog
That's funny, the 27 Baja is my buddy Mike and that was 3 years ago. lol
Yeah, a boat full of guys having a great time. I remember it looked like the timing was right (as you guys were coming in) for a great photo shot as I was trying to get some good angles of the Dockside Inn.

Last edited by KAAMA; 05-28-2010 at 02:18 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.