Notices

Toronto Trip

Old 04-21-2011, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When you land and tie up you have to make a phone call.

Promise them you will buy a bottle of Maple Syrup and its a short call.

http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/canpass/...eboat-eng.html
Old 04-21-2011, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I applied for a nexus pass so hopefully that will make it a little easier. The pain is getting to the video phone back here in the Erie Canal to report back in.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Registered

when you get into Toronto inner harbour make sure you arent on plane. If you idle in you will have way less chance of being bothered in a noisy boat. I know this for a fact.

I have boated there many times and been pulled over many times. The cops arent too bad as long as you arent drinking and you have proper safety equipment.

Also, listen to Catastrophe he knows his stuff.

Let me know when you come maybe I will come out to play in the Pantera we can run out to hamilton there is a wicked little bar/restaurant on the beach there.

If you have any problems or need any help there are a few of us here.

Lots of good spots downtown; Toronto is an amazing city.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info. I will have to take you up on the offer, would like to spent some time up there getting to know the good spots.
Besides I'm a Red Sox fan so I will probably be leaving after the 3rd inning when the Jays are up by ten runs.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just a simple sugestion to make your border and customs dealings easier. Trailer the boat across at the Queenstown/ Lewiston bridge or at fort Erie and launch at Niagra on the lake or Port Dalhousie. No customs calls to make as you'll already be here. No hassle when you go home either.
That way, if the lake blows up from the east which happens often in June, you can always get a lift around and pick up the trailer.

Its not uncommon to get 10 plus footers out there in June and Wilson is a very long trip in those beam sea conditions. BTDT and it wasn't fun.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Registered

One other thing I just thought of. I heard you should not bring a flare gun on the boat in Canada because it is considered a concealed weapon on Canadian waters.
Urban legend or true?
Old 04-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As long as it is NOT capable of firing a real 12 gauge round, it would be ok. You must have flares onboard by law. The guns they sell here have plastic barrels so its not a real gun.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Registered

Default Toronto Visit

Going to Toronto has another requirement. In order to operate a powered vessel in this area you require a "Power Vessel Operators Permit". If you plan on visiting on a regular basis, the best thing to do is to take the 2 hour course, pass the test and show proficiency in a 16 lund on the water. This includes man overboard drills. All this is done the same day. However, if you are only visiting once per year, you can obtain a 14 day visitors permit for $20 by contacting the Toronto Port Authority in advance of your visit at 416-778-1230

Please note, we Canadians require this as well as our new Pleasure Craft Operator Card. I do not know what the Federal expectation is regarding this license on visitors. Perhaps ar15meister of Catastrophe can shed more light in this area.

Another rule we have is related to noise. Here you "must" have mufflers. I don't know how visitors are treated. However, run silents or switchable exhaust isn't allowed. Certainly not instead of real mufflers.

Hopefully all our regulations don't keep you from visiting our wonderful city.

I currently have my boat in the Oakville area, pm me once you have your plans and I would also be happy to come and play if available.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I can't help you with docking or anything (my brother might be able to) but, if you want to go to some bangin' bars or clubs after, I'm your man!
Old 04-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Registered

Man you Canadians are a friendly bunch. I may have to take back all those things I say about you guys at the Sabres Leaf games.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.