Notices

LSC crash???

Old 06-11-2012, 03:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Appears the drives are still "tucked" from the bobber pic. #1 leading cause of dominator rollage from what I've been told.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:47 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

owe that is not a good site
Old 06-11-2012, 05:47 AM
Registered

Word on Facebook is they were taking a cut from Muscamoot to the Middle channel and hit skinny water, caught the drives and rolled. Everyone's ok, but the boat's crunched.

Water's down at least a foot in our canal on Harsens, so I'll be sticking to channels or following folks until I get the feel of things.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:00 AM
kmc
Registered

Originally Posted by THE 288 KID
Appears the drives are still "tucked" from the bobber pic. #1 leading cause of dominator rollage from what I've been told.
Help the undereducated here (me).... with the drives 'tucked', how does that help/cause a rollover?

In shallow water, will the props digging in cause enough 'kick' in the boat to lose control?
Old 06-11-2012, 07:01 AM
Registered

I know muscamoot is low I had to idle out a looong was to get on plane few weeks back.

My source tells me he was performing the "sunsation circle". Apparently its high speed pass followed by a tight turn and he always has to do it faster than everyone else. There were plenty that seen this happen so expect the full story to emerge eventually after everyone has the same story memorized.

I did this same maneuver a few weeks back at muscamoot with my patented avh hull, fortunately all 5 on board stayed in the boat and we stayed fairing up.

I can't help but see the irony here. Few years back Corey told me how much of a dumbass I was when my 288 videos got posted, I couldn't drive a boat worth a ****, I was gonna hurt someone etc etc... Looks like karma is a fickle b!tch and almost claimed 5 others lives to prove it....
Old 06-11-2012, 07:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kmc
Help the undereducated here (me).... with the drives 'tucked', how does that help/cause a rollover?

In shallow water, will the props digging in cause enough 'kick' in the boat to lose control?
Drives being down makes the nose "heavy" and the rear light. Step hulls tend to spin out or slide and bite causing roll overs.

When performing tight turns its recommended to slow up a bit, trim up, start your turn. Once you hit the apex of the turn you should be able to accelerate pretty quick and almost feel like your on rails since the ass end of the boat should be well planted to the water.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
this wasn't the same boat that drove up on the rocks at metro years ago is it???
That was a Cig.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Hate reading stories like this but the good thing if any is that no one was hurt.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Registered

Yup, everyone is ok. I was on it. We think one of the outdrives hit the bottom when we were turning. The did a 180 and rolled.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,038 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Originally Posted by MoBurba
Yup, everyone is ok. I was on it. We think one of the outdrives hit the bottom when we were turning. The did a 180 and rolled.
You are all very lucky, was anyone ejected,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.