Notices

Progressive

Old 01-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Progressive

Originally Posted by articfriends
I have had progressive for various recreational vehicles and they do not insure for stated value,only actual market value so I can see where your buddy had a problem. Lets say you insure your boat with them for 50,000$ and your premium is 500$,your boat has a total loss and they feel the market value is 35,000,thats what they are going to pay. If you talk to a agent they are usually pretty clear about it. Lets say you insured your boat for 35,000 and the premium is 350$ but your boat is worth 50,000$,they are only going to pay you 35,000 on a total loss. They encourage you to lower your insured value as they only cover vehicles for market value,your rates would reflect the lower value so if someone bought a new boat for 90,000$ 5 years ago and they never lowered their coverage limit they might as well so they can pay a lower premium as any claim will be based on current market value,its just the way it is,Smitty
who is covering your boat now with the speeds you get I AM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE NOW
Old 01-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Progressive

NO claims, but I have my policy with a member of The Thousand Island Power Boat Club. He comparied my ACE policy with the Progressive police and claims I have BETTER coverage with Progressive.

It was much less expensive. Hate to wait for a claim to find out different!

Dave