Concerned about Progressive insurance coverage >

Concerned about Progressive insurance coverage

Notices

Concerned about Progressive insurance coverage

Old 03-29-2013, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by c_deezy
I think it depends more on your agent than anything and the policy you have. I had an agreed value policy with Progressive, same thing now with Foremost. No claims with Progressive but the price was pretty good.

I bought some tabs off a guy that launched his boat off the trailer into the woods. Progressive paid out and even found him a similar make/model boat that was for sale and worked out the deal for him from what I recall. He bought the wrecked boat back and parted it out, made out pretty good on it.
Sounds like me, and yes they did.. Hope all has worked out
Old 03-30-2013, 11:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think it depends on the boat, highperformance, or super fast no way
Old 05-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Registered
VIP Member

The only insurance company that has denied a claim to one of my customers in the past 8 years was Markel. The rest of them came to some sort of agreement on all claims.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flysfloatsor
I'm just stuck wondering what I'm paying for? I don't owe any money on it, so its not mandated by a lender. But if I rip a drive off I don't want to be stuck paying out of pocket.
on an older boat its definitely a balance of what the boat is worth versus full coverage. A boat that is worth less than 5-7 grand I might think about scrapping full coverage.

But with a boat your wise to at least carry liability as there is the ability to get sued big time. Friend of the family had a cottage and a boat, teens were out tubing and what not, ultimately alcohol was involved but they ran over and killed some kid. Even with insurance they lost the cottage, so be sure to protect yourself.

Also to have comp a boat is smart as its cheap.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by racer-x6
The only insurance company that has denied a claim to one of my customers in the past 8 years was Markel. The rest of them came to some sort of agreement on all claims.
what always cranks me up about insurance is there is some sort of aggreement. In my mind you over what the policy is.

But ive always said insurance is legalized gambling.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:01 AM
Registered

I knew an adjuster that worked for Progressive. Crooked as F*#!. Worked all kinds of shady deals on claims.... Becareful......
Old 05-02-2013, 10:15 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

I know this applies to car insurance, but it should be an indicator of how the overall company works.

http://money.msn.com/auto-insurance/...companies.aspx

Unfortunately USAA farms their boat insurance to "FLO". I made the switch to another carrier after line by line comparison that had better protection and decreased rate.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 97FASTech
I know this applies to car insurance, but it should be an indicator of how the overall company works.

Unfortunately USAA farms their boat insurance to "FLO". I made the switch to another carrier after line by line comparison that had better protection and decreased rate.
FLO is terrible for boats, price is outragous
Old 05-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 97FASTech

USAA has done great by me on auto, home and boat claims over the years.
I still have a grandfathered USAA boat policy (an advantage to owing the same boat for 7 years and not getting 3 footitis)
It is less than half what I had Progressive quote me though USAA. I would probably look elsewhere vs their brokered progressive.
Home and fire on a rental unit seem to have gone up a lot but have not done much shopping. Their no hassle, full pay+ claims are a real plus.

BTW, I don't see Farm Bureau anywhere in those rankings??
Old 05-03-2013, 07:02 AM
Registered

Charge it, you may want to shop the USAA home owners or rental. I live USAA auto pricing cant be beat, and their claims and a no hassle no BS program, never had much arguing with them on everything and its paid. But on their home owners stuff, at least for me its almost double in price, they are quite exspensive on that. There are three things USAA is not tops for, home owners, personal loans, and mortgages(their rates are good, but closing is astronomical)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.