geico INS on a boat ????

Notices

geico INS on a boat ????

Old 06-13-2013, 03:06 PM
GDM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default geico INS on a boat ????

does anyone here have geico on their boat ?

I just got a quote for a 42 fountain lightning and it seems to good to be true

the price was great but the thing that got me all excited is they claim that it is insured anywhere in the usa meaning I can bring the boat to florida in winter (other companies have rules on how far south I can go)

any feedback will be appreciated greatly

thanks in advance
Old 06-13-2013, 04:23 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Please empty your stored message box.

Last edited by sy goldberg; 06-13-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:42 PM
Registered

I Just got a Quote on a 22 Donzi from them and was thinking the same thing. I pulled the trigger right away so I hope its right lol
Old 06-13-2013, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by racer313
I Just got a Quote on a 22 Donzi from them and was thinking the same thing. I pulled the trigger right away so I hope its right lol
I didn't think Geico insured performance boats? Is this something new?
Old 06-13-2013, 06:07 PM
Registered

they told me below 75mph they insure , no twins . they have some ridiculous equation to figure how fast your boat is . according to them my boat goes around 85mph . HAHA! i wish , took some convincing but they insured my Tantrum $330 a year .
Old 06-13-2013, 06:12 PM
Registered

I have Geicio (SeaWorthy) insurance. Geico dosn't actually insure boats themselves they have SeaWorthy and one other (can't remember the name) underwrite the marine policies. They do insure twin engines boats as well. My 29 Outlaw has twin 385hp 454 mags and combined HP of 770 and listed my top speed around 65-70 mph. Got a great quote and good coverages.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:47 PM
GDM
Registered

Originally Posted by 502ss
the woman on the phone said the 42 lightning I was calling about usually wouldn't be something they would write but I have them on my car and they said they would do it because of that whole multi vehicle deal , I have had car insurance with them on and off for years
Old 06-13-2013, 06:48 PM
GDM
Registered

Originally Posted by 502ss
the woman on the phone said the 42 lightning I was calling about usually wouldn't be something they would write but I have them on my car and they said they would do it because of that whole multi vehicle deal , I have had car insurance with them on and off for years
Old 06-14-2013, 02:39 PM
Registered

I have thought about shopping all my insurance. Who were u with before when u switched. Currently I'm with progressive. So I was wondering who you switched from. I don't want to shop it and start getting calls from tons of insurance agents.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CraneHillFast
I have thought about shopping all my insurance. Who were u with before when u switched. Currently I'm with progressive. So I was wondering who you switched from. I don't want to shop it and start getting calls from tons of insurance agents.
I was with Farm Bureau before (everything: auto, boat etc.) and did all my quotes online. I put in quotes with quite a few different companies (none of while have solicited back info or re-follow ups after getting the initial quote back). I have everything through State Farm now, except for my boat as they don't insure "high performance" boats...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.