Notices

Misc Jaguar photos

Old 06-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Misc Jaguar photos

Keeping this thread alive!

What's your opinion about painting the 40'?
Note that I like conservative.
Due
Attached Thumbnails Misc Jaguar photos-jag-launch-004a.jpg  
Old 06-02-2006, 09:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

John, I would not paint the boat but would vinyl wrap it. The thought of turning my Jag into a new boat every few years would apeal to me. I will do my best in the next few weeks to add to the Jag forum. I spent last week looking for property at LOTO so didn't get any boating time. I really liked LOTO. Any retirement boating lake spots in Texas that I might enjoy John? Be safe. Doug
Old 06-03-2006, 02:28 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

leave it alone it is great white

when I was in high school I lived directly accross taylor lake fom you in timber cove. my dad had a 36' cigarette mistress and a 27' excalibur. I skied in upper taylor every morning back then. never agiain I'm 12 days post op from a vertebral disc replacement and am lucky to walk upright.

hope to see-ya out on the water soo, I got a new DSLR camera and want some pics of that thng.

Ernie
Old 06-03-2006, 06:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Doug-The vinyl wrap is interesting and would allow you to change the looks often. What is its durability?

Are you looking for a fresh water or coastal area? Lake Travis and Lake Buchanan in the Texas hill country are popular and scenic. Lake Texoma is about an hour's drive north of Dallas/Fort Worth and is quite large and also popular. We live in an area called Bay Area Houston, which is on/near Galveston Bay. Although the Texas coast is not as pretty as others , it's becoming very popular with buyers. The property here used to be cheap, but it's had dramatic increases lately.

I've never been to LOTO, but understand it's nice.

Ernie-Thanks for the feedback.
I hope you get well soon. Let us know when you can get around.
John

Last edited by Dueclaws; 06-04-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

A couple of photos from this weekend.
Due
Attached Thumbnails Misc Jaguar photos-jag-6-04-06-002a.jpg   Misc Jaguar photos-jag-6-04-06-005a.jpg  
Old 06-05-2006, 07:37 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great photos Dueclaws! It was a gorgeous day yesterday!

Now to get my engine back in mine and get out there with ya!
Old 06-05-2006, 11:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks!
you finally got your engines?
Due
Old 06-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately its an engine, single instead of plural.

Broke piston at Travis last year memorial weekend. Took to Ronnie which use to work with Travis to get engine out. Took Owens racing in Pearland almost 10 months to get the new 509cid whipple charged engine back together and dyno'd. Here I am the same time time next year still waiting to get it back in the boat!

Engine is ready waiting on marine mechanic. In the process of finding another mechanic. Lessoned learned! I am doing it myself next time.

I hope to see ya at this rate before the end of the summer!!
Old 06-15-2006, 11:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Doug-
When you have the chance, can you check a couple of things for me, please?

How many inches above the bottom is the c/l of your drives (at neutral trim)?
I think you said you're turning props in. Are you running 4 or 5 blades and please remind me what pitch and gear ratio.

In what position do you run your drives at 90 mph? Posiitive, neutral, or negative trim?

I know that's a lot and there are some differences in our hulls, but I'm trying to fine tune and your info gives me some reference.
Thanks!
John

Last edited by Dueclaws; 06-15-2006 at 12:18 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

John, I will measure the c/l of the drives this morning for you but you will not get the results until sunday or monday, we are heading out with the Jag and won't be near a computer. I am turning what I think are 31 x 17 four blades spinning in with approx. 1.30 ratio. Randy at Cobra ran the boat with the drives out when I tested the Jag and the performance was terrible This weekend I will be turning labbed by Bblades 31x17 four blades so I will have a better idea since I know exactly what the props are. I have found that taking the stamping on the prop as accurate can be a real problem. I spun some 5 blade 29x17 merc props last year but threw a blade. I liked the mid range and the bottom end but didn't think that they gave me any top end improvement. The slip was down in the low to midrange, great props all around. I do have a good 29x17 left 5 blade if we can find a right you are welcome to try it out. I would be interested in making a set again if I could find a prop. I will check the trim setting but I think it will be positive 4 on the indicator. Hope this helps and good luck. Doug

Quick Reply: Misc Jaguar photos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.