Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   LaveyCraft (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/laveycraft-205/)
-   -   Interior Picts (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/laveycraft/221562-interior-picts.html)

twistedvelocity 01-13-2010 12:22 PM

I was thinking of using something like that for oil and go air to oil. I was thinking either way using air or water they are both alot cooler then engine temps. I was also thinking with the air to oil there is alot more surface area to cool then would be with a water to oil.
I also seen this on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Uncle Dave 01-16-2010 05:33 PM


Originally Posted by twistedvelocity (Post 3023103)
I was thinking of using something like that for oil and go air to oil. I was thinking either way using air or water they are both alot cooler then engine temps. I was also thinking with the air to oil there is alot more surface area to cool then would be with a water to oil.
I also seen this on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Stick with Water type coolers.

Your page has basically got ir right. You can get these types from your reputable dealers. Teague, CP, Rex, etc. hardin all sell stff like this-

http://www.olsonmotorsports.com/

BTW chrome traps heats and doenst work as well as non chromed.

I have an aeroquip.

UD

twistedvelocity 01-16-2010 08:00 PM

Does the oil filter screw on to those olson coolers or is that to the block?
Should I have the oil and power steering coolers on opposite sides doesn't seem like there would be room on one side.

Uncle Dave 01-17-2010 01:55 PM


Originally Posted by twistedvelocity (Post 3025489)
Does the oil filter screw on to those olson coolers or is that to the block?
Should I have the oil and power steering coolers on opposite sides doesn't seem like there would be room on one side.


Most guys mount the cooler remotely (sides dont matter too much, but shorter lines are always better) and use an adapter that screws into the filter fitting that the filter also screws on to.

Ill try to get a pict of my setup for you. a picture is worth a thousand words.

UD

twistedvelocity 01-18-2010 12:26 AM

Pics would be awesome
What about this guy?
http://teaguecustommarine.com//store...oducts_id=1273

Uncle Dave 01-18-2010 01:12 PM


Originally Posted by twistedvelocity (Post 3026160)
Pics would be awesome
What about this guy?
http://teaguecustommarine.com//store...oducts_id=1273

Boats in storage, Ill see if I can dig up some old ones that show it.

the teague part would work,

Give Eric a call over there and see what he has laying around. Hell take excellent care of you.


UD

twistedvelocity 01-18-2010 09:13 PM

right now I want to worry about the main repairs before i get into that stuff. I just like to figure it all out before hand though. Do most of the parts places deal with you on prices good?

twistedvelocity 02-02-2010 08:45 PM

Well looks like I will also be replacing the transom. I got her pretty ripped apart I might snap some pictures tomorrow if i remember my camera

twistedvelocity 02-02-2010 08:57 PM

Do you know where to get any smaller CB antennas or what to look for. Having a good range would be good still

Uncle Dave 02-03-2010 11:39 AM


Originally Posted by twistedvelocity (Post 3037409)
Well looks like I will also be replacing the transom. I got her pretty ripped apart I might snap some pictures tomorrow if i remember my camera

You sure you want to keep going? Thats a huge job that may not finish well.

You may be better off finding a new small block powered boat with a sound hull you can swap parts with.

UD


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.