Interior Picts >

Interior Picts

Notices

Interior Picts

Old 01-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twistedvelocity
When it comes time I am thinking I would like to do a 427 stroker. I gotta figure out how fast I want to go
Once you have your budget figured out everything goes backwards from that number.

Do you have some parts already?
Why not the largest CI small block you can start with?

(like a 454 short block with your choice of cam, and intake, some good heads and a good exhaust)

Unless you are doing a 383 your existing SB parts aside from the accessories wont take you far.

UD
Old 01-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to keep my stock engine complete and run it at first and build another on the side and keep the stock engine as a back up once I get a new one done. 454 is a possibilty I am alittle partial to the 427 for some reason. I woudl have to do alittle research. I know stroking too far sometimes can be bad. The engine geometry is bad and the engines are usually short lived.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Registered

I want to keep my stock engine complete and run it at first and build another on the side and keep the stock engine as a back up once I get a new one done. 454 is a possibility I am alittle partial to the 427 for some reason. I would have to do little research. I know stroking too far sometimes can be bad. The engine geometry is bad and the engines are usually short lived.
When you say 427 do you mean a BB 427 or a SB 427?

UD
Old 01-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Registered

A sb 427
A blower would be sweet. But I don't think id need it.
I wonder if there is a speed where its just too much for the boat

Last edited by twistedvelocity; 01-01-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Registered

A sb 427
Whats your pet part combination?

UD
Old 01-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Registered

I think I was editing well you were typing but I added thsi too.

I want to use a scat rotating assembly all forged. probably afr heads. comp cams stainless steal rockers. probably a edelbrock victor single plane intake. I was thinking of calling cnc motorsports and see what they could do.
Do you think iconel valves shoudl be used on both the intake and exhaust? It sounds like they should be on the exhaust side forsure.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Registered

I think I was editing well you were typing but I added thsi too.

I want to use a scat rotating assembly all forged. probably afr heads. comp cams stainless steal rockers. probably a edelbrock victor single plane intake. I was thinking of calling cnc motorsports and see what they could do.
Do you think iconel valves shoudl be used on both the intake and exhaust? It sounds like they should be on the exhaust side forsure.
HOw much can the hull take, I dont know that boat, how much hook and rocker in the hull?
How high is the x dimension?
Didnt you say you had an alpha?
Hows it made?

Well..... there is a sanity limit imposed by your steering now, and thats about 75-80- any faster than that and you cant steer and risk blowout if you try.

Inconell on exhaust. But in an NA config Ive never had problem with good SS valves only. Blower yes. (my experience, but for a moderate uplift why not?)

Make sure the guys at CNC spec a cam that generates a decent amount of vacuum at idle which the big hydraulics do not, or you will be killing it all the time.

UD
Old 01-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Registered

IF you are going NA an engine built like an endurance auto racer will be just what you need.

This is a setup identical to a Marine setup with the exception of the camshaft, intake and exhaust.

The auto guys use waay to much duration and valve overlap for us.
(but that makes huge power if you have 4ft long dry headers)

You need to cool the oil as well, Teague or CP or any of the like.

Do you every travel to CA. If you do I can take you out if the season lines up.

UD
Old 01-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Registered

I'm not sure of the X dimension. It has an alpha but I have a full bravo setup already that im going to switch it over too before it hits the water.
This is from an article.
The Velocity 230 shares a hull with its sister craft, the Velocity 22 – with which Stepp won the 1985 American Powerboat Assn./Union of International Motorboating National Championship, and set a world straightaway record of 77 mph with twin 200 hp MerCruiser stern drives

I think blowers look awesome in the engine bay but I would have to cut out my hatch and have it come out the top.
From what I have seen around here I gathered this info
my boat with the 350 mag/alpha should run around 60 with the 330 7.4 run mid 60s and with the 454 mag run around 70. I have seen guys say with a good prop they ran 73. There is suppose to be one in ontario with a 502 I think its stock that runs about 80. I read on here one guy hitting the 90s but I haven't been able to find the thread again
Old 01-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Registered

Never been to CA but if things go good this year I would be very interested. I love everyone on here everyone is so nice and helpfull great community

For an oil setup what about doing something like they have for cars with the dual remote filter setup and mount it on the transom and maybe a oil cooler like for a car with an electric fan on it by the air intake into the engine compartment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.