2750 bottom changes >

2750 bottom changes

Notices

2750 bottom changes

Old 04-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Hotlavey - got your email....thanks!!

How did the boat run with your stock power? Did the boat change for the negative after you put the Whipple on it?

Thanks,

Chris
I read a boat review on the 2750 with the 525 package....all high marks - so just wondering if these issues you had were from more power, more torque and bigger prop???

Thanks again!
Old 04-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Schweeng

How did the boat run with your stock power? Did the boat change for the negative after you put the Whipple on it?

Thanks,

Chris
I read a boat review on the 2750 with the 525 package....all high marks - so just wondering if these issues you had were from more power, more torque and bigger prop???

Thanks again!
Boat ran76-77 gps but had a ton of porpoise. Would have been faster if I could have avoided using the tabs. It was a great cruiser from 65-70 and could handle just about any water(Like Mead on a windy day). Over 70 or so it was not too comfortable. Today? Ahh Nirvana!
After the first Whipple(2.3) same problem, just faster. 2nd Whipple(3.3) and a Imco shortie, not much difference- no better no worse. Bottom work solved all the problems. I should have started there first. Best investment I made with this boat.

Hope this info helps,

Tom
Old 04-19-2010, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks again!
The 2750 with the "full bottom" was excelent and had little issues running in calm water with 496, 496ho and 525. Although, there are a few 525 boats that just didnt like it and there was no real reason as to why they performed different...
with smaller power like the 496ho it ran beautiful and most of the time would run 70-75. This is so because the hull had so much lift, it would help out and give all the added lift the smaller power needed to run fast.

But then as you start adding more and more power, the boat just lifts more and more as speed increaes and at that point it becomes a boat that is classified as a "drivers" boat and you need to know how to drive it at higher speeds...

So with the "new" bottom, there is less overall lift which tames it down and is more controlable with high power. Also, there has been zero negative aspects from this bottom change, even with smaller power. Rough water handling hasn't been sacrificed either.
Another benefit from the change is that it requires almost zero tab input to keep level (depending on your load distribution) which in return is less drag which will equal more speed.

I hope I answered your question.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well gents ...... im certainly not as knowledgeable as you all are but
here goes
i am still in the small class with a 26 ft nu era but this boat is amazing......
i dont have to trim out as far to get speed like i did in my old sled
and someone made a comment about the boat just slowly lifting and the speed climbing
and i still dont have the right prop
soon to be rectified.........
i purchased a 24 p for everyday running
and a labbed 26 from cutting edge propellers
i find that i can get a bad chine walk if i trim out to far
back the trim off and feel her fly
was out last weekend and got 68mph in dead flat water with no wind or ripple 2 old carcasses and a full tank is fuel
i am impressed
i zero my tabs and the slightest touch is all it needs to make the hull dance into instant response
combine that with a bit of steering and i swear it feels i could carve a turn at WOT

i cant wait to go out tomorrow,,,,,,,,
Old 05-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Registered

Had the new boat out on Castaic on Saturday....had some wind chop and the boat ran soooo nice. Can't wait for Havasu in a few weeks!!!
Old 05-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Schweeng- did you buy the 2750? in the picts?

Uncle Dave
Old 05-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Registered

In the pictures??
Yes I bought a beautiful 04 2750..... love it!

I'm back on the water....
Old 05-13-2010, 11:34 AM
Registered

In the pictures??
Yes I bought a beautiful 04 2750..... love it!

I'm back on the water....
Awesome!
That was a sweet one too.
One of the nicer ones Ive seen come up for sale.

Congratulations! & Welcome back.

How any Laveys does this make for you?

Dave
Old 05-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Registered

3rd one...
1st single 29 ever made
1st twin 29 ever made
and this one.....

Besides my twin step Cig this is the cleanest used boat I have every bought.

Uncle Dave you doing the SCOPE run at Lake Mead??? Come on its Fathers day weekend.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Registered

3rd one...
1st single 29 ever made
1st twin 29 ever made
and this one.....

Besides my twin step Cig this is the cleanest used boat I have every bought.

Uncle Dave you doing the SCOPE run at Lake Mead??? Come on its Fathers day weekend.

I may- issue is I have the whole week after off- and its going to be hard to put the 2 back to back.

Enjoy!

Curious- Why did you get off the cig?
Guys that own them are like cult members.

Centless- most of these boats neither like, or need lots of positive trim and if you do do that it starts moving around on the pad. Keep it neutral or ever so slightly above that and youll be sailing along efficiently and likely faster than the "next guy" with the same power and length.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.