Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 2750 bottom changes

Incorrect

Last edited by Schweeng; 01-27-2011 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Incorrect information
Old 04-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe Quent will chime in I think he just went through this or the lavey boys!!!
Old 04-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Schweeng
I heard a while ago that the 2750 bottom was tweaked. Why was it tweaked /did it make it perform better? What year did the change take effect. If one has an older 2750 can the change be done (easily) to a finished boat?
I have an 02 2750. After a couple of years of a porpoising problem and trying numerous props and tab settings I finally had the bottom blueprinted. Some of the lifting strakes were removed and a couple were just moved. The difference was amazing. Now there is no porpoising at all and you can run it close to 100 and it's as smooth as silk. It is a fantastic boat with an amazing build quality and now has a ride to match. I love it and it was worth the investment.
I hope you decide to have yours done because it is an amazing boat.

Good luck,

Tom

Last edited by hotlavey; 04-15-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:44 PM

Default bottom work

Did the lavey boys do the work or some other shop???
Old 04-16-2010, 02:08 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

The bottom on the 2750 has been modified. The official change took place a couple years ago. Like hotlavey said, the lifting strakes were removed and some strakes were completely removed. I'm not 100% sure of what his boat had gotten done but Lavey took off the lifting strakes on the rear and middle pad, the strake closest to the keel was removed on the rear and middle pad...
The mold has been filled therefore all new 2750's have this bottom mod. As to your question if an older boat can be changed, the answer is yes. This can be applied to any of the 2750 bottoms and still remain solid.

With this "new" bottom the 2750 handles quite a bit better. No more, or very little, porpoising or chine walking. And because it handles better, you are able to control the boat better and gain a couple mph or add more hp and be safe.

If you want this change to be done, I'd recomend calling Lavey and taking your boat to them to do it that way IF something does happen to the lamination on the bottom down the road, it will be backed by Lavecraft.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatcrzy
Did the lavey boys do the work or some other shop???
I had the work done at a shop in Lake Elsinore in So.Ca.
I'm sure Lavey, with the knowlege they now have, will do a great job for you too. At the time I had my work done Lavey was not doing bottom tweaking so I went to the folks that were doing my engine work and maintenance. Send me a PM and I will give you more info.
Lavey Jr mentioned that there is very little porpoising or chine walking with their new bottom. I have absolutely no porpoising and no chine walking at all with no tab use. Perfect ride.

Regards,

Tom
Old 04-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the help.
Hot Lavey - email me if you would the name and number -
[email protected]. I'll call Lavey as well if I get one and get a bid for the work as well.

Hot Lavey - what motor/drive package do you have and what prop are ya spinning?

Thanks,

Chris
Old 04-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Quent
Platinum Member

For what little I know, here is my take. The boat simply had too much lift. That is great for ocean racing and ocean running but for us blue collar guys on the lake, it meant you had to "drive" the boat all the time at any speed at all. Tab dragging and stuff.

I grew up running and racing outboard pad bottom boats and "driving" can be fun and was, in fact, the order of the day. As I've advanced in years, I've come to appreciate going fast and not wrenching the wheel all the time just to stay upright. Nevertheless, on the edge driving is a rush, just not healthy. Quent

Last edited by Quent; 04-16-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by hotlavey
I had the work done at a shop in Lake Elsinore in So.Ca.
I'm sure Lavey, with the knowlege they now have, will do a great job for you too. At the time I had my work done Lavey was not doing bottom tweaking so I went to the folks that were doing my engine work and maintenance. Send me a PM and I will give you more info.
Lavey Jr mentioned that there is very little porpoising or chine walking with their new bottom. I have absolutely no porpoising and no chine walking at all with no tab use. Perfect ride.

Regards,

Tom
Yes, I say very little because there is no 100% gaurantee that the boat will not porpoise or chine walk. You can get pretty much any boat to do either one of those.
In reality, I have personally driven five 2750's with this new bottom and none of them porpoised nor chine walked, but it is still always a variable to be mentioned.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lavey jr
Yes, I say very little because there is no 100% gaurantee that the boat will not porpoise or chine walk. You can get pretty much any boat to do either one of those.
In reality, I have personally driven five 2750's with this new bottom and none of them porpoised nor chine walked, but it is still always a variable to be mentioned.
Absolutely correct. I was just stating how mine handled, which is awesome. This boat is incredible, both ride and quality. Before I had the bottom done I was ready to sell and move on to something else. No way would I sell now- as someone once said "Out of my cold dead hands". Glad to see you folks have changed the bottom, that is all that was needed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.