Notices

What to do if your hatch motor quits?

Old 02-26-2012, 05:24 PM
GAZ
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Im looking for a pict- my big Lavey has what Quent is describing an external connector for power, but if the lift quits thats an entirely different problem.

My little Lavey has a pass through behind the seat you can reach inside and pull a pin on each side of the lift (its a very nice pin actually)

Ive had an electric hatch lifts for 20 years and never had the hatch lift quit.Im sure it happens though.

Uncle Dave
Mine has a nice quick pin also. Just no way I can see to get at it if hatch motor quits from something other than lack of electricity. I did make a pigtail to plug into the outlet to supply power from the outside if the batteries go dead. I wouldn't worry but my hatch motor doesn't sound real healthy, first one I have had so not sure how they should sound exactly. But I would really like to have a plan for getting in before something happens.... like out on the lake. Think I'm going to drill a 4" hole in the top of the middle air scoop and put a 4" white vent in. Then I could pop the vent out and reach in and pull the pin if ever needed.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:37 AM
Registered

my rear hinge pins are exposed...........shrugs
Old 02-28-2012, 09:27 AM
Registered

if your hatch has a sunpad on it, should be easy to put a screw in or popout style deckplate near where your ram connects under the hatch, and a quick relese pin at the top of the ram. no tools or power needed to raise hatch. i have seen many boats set up that way, of course only looks good if boat has a sunpad, to cover the deckplate
Old 02-29-2012, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

If your motor is making a noise or sounds funny just change it. Don't drill a hole, don't spend to much time thinking about this problem that doesn't exist. I've had a few boats and none of them every had a issue with getting the hatch up. I think is a non-issue. The bigger worry should be how many hot chicks can you get in your new 29!!!!!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:29 PM
GAZ
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Schweeng
If your motor is making a noise or sounds funny just change it. Don't drill a hole, don't spend to much time thinking about this problem that doesn't exist. I've had a few boats and none of them every had a issue with getting the hatch up. I think is a non-issue. The bigger worry should be how many hot chicks can you get in your new 29!!!!!!!
HaHa!!!!! I like that!!!! But I think My Wife doesn't. You are right 250 bucks I should just change it. I know how an electric motor sounds and this one sounds like it is straining to lift the hatch.