Looking for another 29 >

Looking for another 29

Notices

Looking for another 29

Old 10-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BUP View Post
I have been in your boat don't worry I took my shoes off and know the drill. LHC boatshow. I liked your boat a lot but I like the 29 better for the deeper freeboard and cabin.

The 29 eats up chop and is very well balanced plus not bad on the speed end. I'm sure the 2750 is even faster with the same motor but not as good with big chop.

I'm 6'3 - 235 and really felt like I was in a straight jacket crawling into your cabin on all fours. I would need a shoe horn to get in and out that size cabin even if I used it for storage.

Anyways no offense, you have a very nice boat and I know it totally works for you.
No prob- boat came back clean so thanks for being gentle

Yeah....... if you are 6'3 its not going to work for you. My 2750 is probably the tightest down there of any made

You'll be happy with the 29. I'd probably have one if it fit in my driveway and I'd probably sleep onboard a bunch more if I had one.

No offense taken in any remote way... It is what it is.

Now you have to find a 29.....

Seems like you do some work with the joker guys or know their product pretty well. (maybe I have bad memory)

Im curious as to what their interiors look like?
I can not seem to find pictures of the inside of those boats - I know they do a damm good job with the hull itself.

UD

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 10-13-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP View Post
Been looking also for a full cabin 29 w / single motor or would prefer without a motor for over 3 years now. Brian I think that Lavey F1 boat was 2750 not a 29 and if I remember correctly the color of it was yellow & orange. I might have to consider the 2750 but the cabin is way too small for me.
One of the Lavey raceboats was a 29 also in yellow/orange. Thats from circa 2000 before they came out with the 2750 and started racing that. So it could be a 29, but it'll be pretty old.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris are you looking for a single or twin? I know of a 2000 twin with 500efi's and the fella with the Teague 1000 single text me tonight and said he had the motor and drive removed and wants to sell with out power. Both closed decks. The boat I almost bought was a 2001. I was real excited but thought he was high at $35k with no motor or drive. What do you think?
You too BUP what do you guys think that 2001 29 is worth minus drive and motor?

Thanks!
Old 10-13-2013, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What 29 with twins... I owned one of them.... I think there are 3 or 4 of them.
Is this the 29 from Tahoe... browns in the colors?
The 29 with the Teague motor is just a "future" money pit in my estimation........... 500 or 525... I'd be all over it.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:35 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Well hard for me to get in the middle of the 29 single Teague motor boat from ebay because I told him before you I wanted it without the motor or drive. IMO 35 k for a 2001 single engine boat is high plus you never know how the motor was plucked and what else is needed without looking at it in person.

At 35 k for the boat you would want at least a 500 hp motor package 100 % turn key from a known reliable source and a Bravo 1 XR plus proper propping could set you back another 30 K with the complete install on top of.

I don't think you can get a out the door for any price tag under 20 K min for 100% reliable turn key complete engine & drive packages here on top of the 35 k for the complete hull and trailer .

I do not want a 29 with twins nor a midcabin boat. Full cabin wanted but I would convert a mid cabin to a full cabin if I could buy one at the right price. So I hope this 29 Lavey hunt does not become 3 way. No pun intended dudes.

Last edited by BUP; 10-14-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:14 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

UD to answer some questions since you asked here. As most know up here Brain H. owns Joker and EPIC boats. Brian H. and I somewhat got together with his boats as tried to bring them to market and a dealer network base. We both run and own other businesses so our attempts came to stop.

Brian really makes very solid quality boats. Not large numbers but what he has made to date are a quality, clean, strong build. The 28 Joker has PPI interior from Florida in it. The boat was sent to them and then back to Brian after all the interior was done. The Epic boat was sent to Mike at Fineline in Florida for all the interior layout. The 28 cabin is very long and head room is medium high. More than your 2750 and longer. You can laydown anywhere in the cabin no problem. I would not hesitate to have Brain make or sell any of his boats or even make one if you have your own mold.

Anyways wrong thread and wrong boat thread so no offense to the Lavey guys here. If anyone wants more info you can call me or call Brian H. My # 817-658-7721

I'm also still looking for a 29 Lavey. Thanks

Last edited by BUP; 10-14-2013 at 12:28 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Registered

Schweeng - for sure the drive is a suspect and the Teague being open cooled will chew through intercoolers and aluminum heads if its ever seen the ocean so yeah---it is probably a series of bills waiting to happen.

Well keep an eye out for a 29 for you.
Brians hull certainly seems to be the one to beat and the only one with a better racing track record I can find.

Bup,

Many 28's have more interior room than a 2750 - Im not surprised at all.
I understand everything's a tradeoff, and all 27/28 ft boats compromise something somewhere like fuel capacity 75 vs 100 swimstep/ no step etc..
Im curious to see more of it and the choices they made.

I'm always checking out 28-32's and seeing who does what - no offense to my friends at Lavey who will likely forgive me for even mentioning anther brand.

Im about paid off on my 2750 and already looking at new stuff maybe bigger offshore (half my stuff is in storage anyway)

If you could send me some other links to look at via mail I'd love to see some pics and details of that boat that aren't on the website.

I just left a message at the number you listed.

Thanks!

Uncle Dave
Old 10-14-2013, 12:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
Schweeng - for sure the drive is a suspect and the Teague being open cooled will chew through intercoolers and aluminum heads if its ever seen the ocean so yeah---it is probably a series of bills waiting to happen.

I'm always checking out 28-32's and seeing who does what - no offense to my friends at Lavey who will likely forgive me for even mentioning anther brand.
If the owner flushed the motor and intercooler after running in the ocean, theres nothing to worry about. Actually, the cupronickel intercooler core is one of the most corrosion resistant alloys out there. I've run my 825efi in the ocean from time to time, I just flush the motor when I get home and backflush the intercooler and never had a problem. Again, IF the previous owner did that haha.

If you're looking at a boat in the 32ish range, check out the 33 Active Thunder. I think its about the biggest 33 you can buy, but still runs in the 90s with 525s. The 32 Lavey is of course a very fast boat as well.

Good luck to you guys in your search for 29s, they're awesome boats, I'd like to have one with monster power one day.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Registered

I thought cupronickle was an upgrade from standard issue? Has it always been cupro?
If that Teague 800 was closed cooled I would have that instead of my ilmor. Its a sweet mill.

To be a downer- Ive seen what FRESH water has done to my aluminum heads after a decade on my small block boat...(had to weld up a corrosion hole during a fresh up) I fear any aluminum exposed to salt is a ticking time bomb....

UD

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 10-14-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:20 PM
Registered

I think they've always been cupro, but I could be wrong. I'm sure Teague would have designed a closed cooling system for you, pretty easy to do. Yeah the fresh water in the Colorado river is pretty harsh, that water destroys the finish on anything metal!

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser