Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > LaveyCraft
Somebody in German is about to be really happy. >

Somebody in German is about to be really happy.

Notices

Somebody in German is about to be really happy.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Tight!!!!!
Old 03-12-2014, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Im my hurry to talk about boats (for eht first time in eons) I mixed my models!
I always did enjoy the power of a good team approach to a conversation anyway.

I did take a few shots last weekend I didn't post,

Worth a look- see-

UD
nice and clean
Old 03-12-2014, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Schweeng
Tight!!!!!
I though for a one off it was pretty tight.

Ive only got an 8" map (but I have actual radar) but I have map envy now......

UD
Old 03-13-2014, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=GoodTrade 2750;4087862]UD-
I did buy Quent's boat and am so excited about it!

Congrats Paul, UD is right, Quent's boat was really the crown jewel for the 2750s.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:41 PM
Registered

700-800 hp in salt water with the weight additions you described I would say 82-83mph. Best my 29 did with a stock 525 was 79 and 76 was the norm. I never ran mine in salt, so you might pick up a little there too. It's an "awesome" family boat, the only thing that they didn't like was the swim ladder. Good luck!
Old 03-13-2014, 05:16 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=bert4332;4089308]
Originally Posted by GoodTrade 2750
UD-
I did buy Quent's boat and am so excited about it!

Congrats Paul, UD is right, Quent's boat was really the crown jewel for the 2750s.
Thanks Bert!
Been a long winter up here and I have been looking forward to breaking her out of storage to start tinkering.
Having a few posts on the Lavey forum recently is sure nice to see!
-Paul
Old 03-13-2014, 09:44 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Funny how the N Eastern has the westcoast boat as most up there will not even know what the heck a Lavey is. Anyways I'm from up there and really miss the lakes compare the crap holes and the dried up crap hole lakes around here. Lake Winney in NH is a cool place. New York has some great lakes also. Sonic and Pantera are somewhat popular up there.

I will say this take a 2004 Pantera 28 with the same motor as the Lavey 29. The Lavey will eat its lunch all day long plus the Lavey is a better quality built boat. I can not speak for the current builds of Pantera because I have not seen anything newer than 2005. The ladders do stink on the Lavey's also especially if your tall.

Last edited by BUP; 03-13-2014 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Awesome thread so far!

I haven't been on the boards very much lately because I've been very busy getting back into the swing of things over here in Japan.
Last month I spent 3 weeks back at home and visited Lavey almost everyday. Me and my dad (Chris) had a lot of talks and I fed him quite a few new ideas and layouts for the 2 EVO's being built along with other upcoming production.

The 28 evo in production right now is going to be amazing! Stay tuned for the next 28 evo because it will have quite a few new design aspects to it... I don't wanna spoil anything.
As previously stated, ALL of the evo's will be located in Germany once these 2 are finished. To my knowlege, this will make a total of 7 or 8 Lavey's over in Germany!

About the 2750 vs 29 question. Eventhough they are only 2 feet different in length, they are pretty different in overall size and handling.
The 2750 is a fast boat, but at higher speeds (90mph+) it takes a bit more driving than the 29. They both handle the choppy/rough water great! But due to the bigger all around size and a little more weight, the 29 will naturally be smoother but not as fast as the 2750. Either boat is a great all around choice and it will all come down to personal needs and preferences.

To answer the question about "full" bottom vs the "new" bottom... The bottom is esentially the same bottom but a couple strakes were removed along with the lip strakes. When some see the word "new" it makes you think it's a completely different bottom but in reality is only slightly modified.
As to which models recieved this change... ALL new 2750 bottoms have this change, including the 28 evo. The 29 and 32 will have this change but none have been build since Lavey made this mod. The 39 evo is a newer design of the NuEra bottom so no changes were needed for this bottom.

Last edited by lavey jr; 03-14-2014 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lavey jr
Awesome thread so far!

I haven't been on the boards very much lately because I've been very busy getting back into the swing of things over here in Japan.
Last month I spent 3 weeks back at home and visited Lavey almost everyday. Me and my dad (Chris) had a lot of talks and I fed him quite a few new ideas and layouts for the 2 EVO's being built along with other upcoming production.

The 28 evo in production right now is going to be amazing! Stay tuned for the next 28 evo because it will have quite a few new design aspects to it... I don't wanna spoil anything.
As previously stated, ALL of the evo's will be located in Germany once these 2 are finished. To my knowlege, this will make a total of 7 or 8 Lavey's over in Germany!

About the 2750 vs 29 question. Eventhough they are only 2 feet different in length, they are pretty different in overall size and handling.
The 2750 is a fast boat, but at higher speeds (90mph+) it takes a bit more driving than the 29. They both handle the choppy/rough water great! But due to the bigger all around size and a little more weight, the 29 will naturally be smoother but not as fast as the 2750. Either boat is a great all around choice and it will all come down to personal needs and preferences.

To answer the question about "full" bottom vs the "new" bottom... The bottom is esentially the same bottom but a couple strakes were removed along with the lip strakes. When some see the word "new" it makes you think it's a completely different bottom but in reality is only slightly modified.
As to which models recieved this change... ALL new 2750 bottoms have this change, including the 28 evo. The 29 and 32 will have this change but none have been build since Lavey made this mod. The 39 evo is a newer design of the NuEra bottom so no changes were needed for this bottom.
Great so if I order a new 29 it will have the modified fix
Old 03-14-2014, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
Great so if I order a new 29 it will have the modified fix
A couple years ago I remember a 29 with a Teague 900 that ran low 90s, also a 29 with an Eickert 850 that was set up perfect and ran 95. 700-800 hp should put you into the low to mid 80s. I would like a 29 with a 1025 Teague and SCX drive, pretty bullet proof package that would hit 100. Hope you get to build one, I'll be looking forward to that thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.