Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > LaveyCraft
Somebody in German is about to be really happy. >

Somebody in German is about to be really happy.

Notices

Somebody in German is about to be really happy.

Old 03-10-2014, 10:37 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Also that why I posted the model years 2001 - 2005 what I saw in person as I know things and set up have changed from earlier to later Lavey models.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BUP
I hear you Dave loud and clear and your boat has a lot quality built in no doubt. I understand about the rub rails but it detracts for the rest of the great quality put forth by Lavey. IMO it shouldn't even be offered as many cheaply built production boats install a better rub rail set up.

We are talking about an extra 2.5 k for the builder to buy this anyways quality is quality just all up to the end user. Got to ask is your boat in for service or just show casing ? Remember I crawled all thru boat and yes it is very very nice 100%. Do not take it that I am knocking Lavey because I am not at all. They drive very nice and handle the rough very well. Again I would buy a 29 if I could find one. See you sometime down the road and I want a ride.
Stock components are always a game manufacturers play - - which gauges, what interior, what throttle, what rub rail,which stereo, how many speakers etc... all that stuff is always up in flux, where one guys spends a little more on a "stock boat" one guys spends a little less, and it changes from year to year....I see stuff like non split combined throttle shift controls on "offshore" boats all the time.

Ive seen what I would consider some astonishingly bad calls from end users, and Ive seen Lavey do stuff I don't understand as well- not often but it happens.

Im pizzed of I can't get the old Lavey side emblem on my new boat.

Boat was in for winter storage and Ill do a sea pump changeout and we were looking at the dash as I may be customizing the nav system again with a nav net3- 4 upgrade so my co pilot can get the nav/radar data to an ipad

I don't take anything you are saying negatively and appreciate someone who looks at hundreds of other boats usually has great insight.

As for the ride- anytime Bup.

UD

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 03-10-2014 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mikebrls
600 ci 700 to 800 hp NA , I boat in south east Florida so we are at sea level and summer time is hot mostly in the 90's with high humidity . I'm looking for a guesstimated speed I no there are a lot of factors that play into it ,.
example : so let say 700 hp would be a 80 mph every day boat 800 hp would be an 85 mph boat .
I say everyday boat as full of fuel 2 or 3 people in it a nice big cooler ect,
also depending on price maybe a merc 700 or ilmor 725 could be in the cards

Thank's
mike
The Naturally aspirated motors take a beating in the heat and altitude.. 710725 suffers in 110 degree weather.

Sea level low 80's with a 700 and high 80's with an 800 about right on.

Uncle Dave
Old 03-10-2014, 10:54 PM
BUP
Banned

I was actually going to call you the other day. Are you going to the LHC boatshow or if not is your boat ? I was also going to ask if you ran across any 29's for sale. I don't care even if it is just a hull and trailer but has to be realistic on the price. We head out to Long beach once in a while to get out on the water with few boaters and couple of builders. Take care John

Also did that 32 sell - you know which I'm talking about. I have thought about it but do not want another twin motor app.

Last edited by BUP; 03-10-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:05 PM
Registered

You can call me anytime. Im trying to figure out my April schedule now I have to be in Vegas the whole week of the 7nth and was going to head down to the lake with both rigs and do some boating. Thats just 2 weeks before the storm.
I may make one or both weekends- or none. Damm work.!

If you want to see the 28 evo it will be picked up at the show during desert storm.

Ill keep an eye out for a 29. I know a guy that may be ready to get off his. They have become like hens teeth.

32 did sell and its sitting ready to be re powered not sure the power.
Couldn't get a price out of Jeff, and he grumbled when I asked.....

UD

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 03-10-2014 at 11:07 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:18 PM
BUP
Banned

I heard the 32 sold I guess the guy sold his 2750 to move up to the yellow 32. I'm sure the grumbling was because of the price they (Lavey) sold it for. It was time to move it anyways. They would never make me a killer deal on it and I really did not want a another twin app.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:20 PM
Registered

oh... I don't want to hear about the 280 turning- I want a ride in it. It will be interesting to compare - curious what steering you have on it?

I noticed different turning on my 2750 with the speed master lower and the imco lower.

Same thing that makes the imco so fast (short skeg) makes the speedmaster the better handling but slower lower unit.

I couldn't get a killer deal on the 32 either. I may go for a deck boat next.

UD
Old 03-10-2014, 11:28 PM
Registered

Heres what I mean by getting used to ultra high quality- The logo also doubled as the vent.
Going back to a mere sticker was annoying. ( I had to at least do some custom paint.)

Notice annoying rail.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:42 PM
BUP
Banned

The Velocity has a Bravo I performance drive. Its a 2000 year model. I bought it from one of my customers. I was going to sell it but it is fun to drive - like I said its a drivers boat. It does not handle the rough that well compared to Lavey nor I also have 28 DDC - Challenger. In which is sleeper in the rough just very slow boat and built like a tank very solid. 5800 lbs dry single 496 - only 375 hp at 60 mph no matter how its loaded even full with passengers. The DDC Challenger will slide in a very very hard corner but will not come around but of course it will only do 60 mph. Stock boat.

The Velocity - 385 hp is fast I can get 70 mph once and while with everything being right and light load.. It turns on a dime and stays planted. The Laveys are fun to drive but do not need the input like the Velocity. Also the cabin is way too small for me on the Velocity. No head room up front. Their wiring is sub pair for that year 2000.

I seen pics of your older Lavey. The engine compartment is nice as well thow up some pics of that.

Last edited by BUP; 03-10-2014 at 11:47 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
The Velocity has a Bravo I performance drive. Its a 2000 year model. I bought it from one of my customers. I was going to sell it but it is fun to drive - like I said its a drivers boat. It does not handle the rough that well compared to Lavey nor I also have 28 DDC - Challenger. In which is sleeper in the rough just very slow boat and built like a tank very solid. 5800 lbs dry single 496 - only 375 hp at 60 mph no matter how its loaded even full with passengers. The DDC Challenger will slide in a very very hard corner but will not come around but of course it will only do 60 mph. Stock boat.

The Velocity - 385 hp is fast I can get 70 mph once and while with everything being right and light load.. It turns on a dime and stays planted. The Laveys are fun to drive but do not need the input like the Velocity. Also the cabin is way too small for me on the Velocity. No head room up front. Their wiring is sub pair for that year 2000.

I seen pics of your older Lavey. The engine compartment is nice as well thow up some pics of that.
I think you are being a bit to kind- although I have good parts its not real tidy back there- and thats because Ive had (conservatively) 4-5 mills in that boat since 93 before I settled on this combo. I need to really go through it and makes things pretty.

UD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.