Old race boats >

Old race boats

Notices

Old race boats

Old 01-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Old race boats

No numbers for sure.... To the best of my knowledge no name either. Summer is slowly but surly coming around, ill be sure to keep my eyes open.
I've seen a couple of mag's on lake st. clair:
Red and white mag 27
White with red mag 27
Purple and white 27
My orange and white 27

I know a guy has a triple bolster starfire in his garage, big power in it.. has been unused for many years and is in fantastic shape, and thers a baby blue 27 starfire that would basially be a project boat thats been sitting in my marina for as long as i can remember too...
Old 01-16-2006, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

myfinancialadviser ,

Thanks for the information,, Magnum were very popular in the St Clair area years ago and sounds like they still are. Also on the east coast in the Jersey area. There was always several running around.
Yes,, Summer is slowly on its way.
Be glad when the rainy season is over out here.
Thank you

Jim
Keep in touch
Old 01-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Registered

myfinancialadviser

There is a man and his wife that have an ad. for a blue and white Sport from Mi. also. Not sure what condition the boat is in but doesn;t look to bad in the small photos, with a triple bolster set up.

Thank you

Jim
Old 01-16-2006, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's living in Ft Myers...I'll get a number & pm you...sure he'd be glad to hear from you...and yes, it is a small world...

Originally Posted by lucky strike
Joe Hughes.... Now thats a blast from the past ! He did all the work on that boat. A good friend of mine. He helped me out alot back then. We put the name on the boat and had the volcano painted on to cover some scratches. During the winters I kept the Magnum in the carport at his house.

Small world !!
Last time I saw him he was living in the keys probably 20 years ago. Where is he now ? Do you have a # for him ?

LS
Old 01-16-2006, 01:04 PM
Registered

damnmagnum,
ive seen the one that you are referring to on the interente as well. i think that one has been up for sale for some time... i have never looked at it in person... there is also a yellow one come to think of it for sale in MI too. I've looked at several of them in MI and surronding areas... lot of "modifications" that I didnt care for.. I jpersonally lilke them as origianl as possible.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:10 PM
Registered

myfinancialadviser,

Hello, yes, the one boat has been for sale for some time now,, I think its grey and white, but looks blue in the ad photos.
What kinds of Mods were done on the Yellow one that you were talking about? Any Idea who they are that is selling it?
Also price of it?

Thank you

Jim
Old 01-16-2006, 03:27 PM
Registered

dammmagnum,
the "yellow" is actually orange, my mistake. i saw it on boattraderonline.. description is vague, it is a MI boat though. here is the link to the page, contact info / price on there as well.

http://www.adcache.boattraderonline....5/79050835.htm
Old 01-16-2006, 03:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by dammmagnum
myfinancialadviser,

Hello, yes, the one boat has been for sale for some time now,, I think its grey and white, but looks blue in the ad photos.
What kinds of Mods were done on the Yellow one that you were talking about? Any Idea who they are that is selling it?
Also price of it?

Thank you

Jim
The yellow/orange looking boat has TRS drives and small blocks according to the ad, and the ad indicates it is clean. If that is all true, the asking price at $24K seems pretty good, for a a boat that is being used in fresh water, which is another assumption.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
Registered

myfinancialadviser /Smarty,

Thank you,, did see that boat before on listed on Boattraderonline,
doesn't look to bad, will take another look at it,, both boats are around the
same dollars? the grey/white has a bolster set already. Both have been for sale for a while.
Thank you for the help
Will keep you posted
Jim
Old 01-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Registered

Default ......

Last edited by dallar; 01-16-2006 at 09:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Old race boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.