Areo Marine ?? >

Areo Marine ??

Notices

Areo Marine ??

Old 06-09-2007, 03:29 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is Aero Marine same as Aero-Tek??
Anyone remember Aero Tek racer A-68, SMG Express?
Old 06-09-2007, 07:26 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

still for sale as complete thinking of parting out if add runs out will update "rebuilding" thread w/ pics. would be a better value whole to someone than parted out ? keep you guys posted thanks for the interest working on the $#s
Old 06-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
I´m the new owner of A-68 SMG Express, it´s not an Aerotek, i purchase it without the twin outboards that was on it, i´m going to rebuilt it and put a 598 cu. and Bravo XR in it.
Attached Thumbnails Areo Marine ??-sida.jpg  
Old 06-11-2007, 11:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Attached Thumbnails Areo Marine ??-sida-fram.jpg  
Old 06-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Areo marine, Lancer marine, Predator, and yes Awesome, and more!! were boat companies in Michigan,, by the same guy, the 27' vee bottom's were a copy off the Magnum [Double Vision] now owned by nocigarette. Most of the 24'&27' vee bottom boats Jim built were single engine with STERNPOWER IO's. Jim also built a few of these boats with outboard power. SMG use to race here in the Great Lakes with the Silver Cup Series.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:08 PM
Registered

Nice to see you here Claes! Your project with the SMG-Aero will be awesome!
Old 06-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Claes E
Good looking boat keep us posted with the progress...........
Old 06-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Registered

Heres anothe pic of a Predator from the late 90's iy was orriginally equipped with twin 2.5's but then repowerd with a single BBC and SSM3 drive. I just added aluminum heads and a blower and so fas so good. Running the boat in OPA P5 this year. boat runs in the low 70's at 5000 rps with about 4lbs of boost. But the new motor is almost done. The pic is at Algonac in the garage before the monsoon hit. The faring is almost dont now too...
Attached Thumbnails Areo Marine ??-2373289053_orig.jpg  
Old 06-12-2007, 08:36 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by nocigarette
Good looking boat keep us posted with the progress...........
Thanks, it may thake a little time before its ready for rigging, i´m going to keep all decals on it, but inside its very much work, and i dont have time for it now.
Attached Thumbnails Areo Marine ??-001.jpg  
Old 06-18-2007, 07:31 PM
Registered

Default Aero Whoops The Magnum..but Ya Got To Know How To Drive

I OWNED THE FASTEST AERO EVER BUILT..TWIN HARDIN MARINES, 454 WITH 425 HP, STERNPOWER RACE DRIVES AND THAT BOAT WAS CLOCKED AT 84 MPH...THE DRIVES ARE BULLET PROOF..BUT THE BOAT WAS TOO HEAVY IN THE ASS AND DANCED LIKE A FAT BOWL OF JELLO...NO TABS, ONLY BLIND STUPIDITY...PROBLEM WAS WITH THE STRINGERS NOT HAVING DRAIN HOLES IN THE HIGH STRINGERS, HELD WATER AND GOT SOFT, THE MOLD IS HERE IN MICHIGAN AND RETOOLED WITH A SMALL PAD AND A FEW OTHER QUIRKS, ABSOLUTELY FASCINATING BOAT, EVERYONE WANTS A RIDE, AND THEY ARE JUST A HAIR LONGER THAN A MAGNUM...BUT ABSOLUTELY NO BLUE BOOK VALUE...MY OLD BOAT IS HERE IN MICHIGAN MINUS THE ENGINES..ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL BOAT, NEEDS SMALL BLOCKS AND PROBABLY STRINGERS SOON....ONLY ABOUT 4 OR 5 GRAND WITH TRAILER...GOOD LUCK DRIVE SMART
Originally Posted by Russ G
I just checked out a boat that I thought was a 27 Magnum sport but it has a logo that said Aero Marine. It looks just like a 27 ft sport to me. Its a project for sure, although its all there. It has one big block (old school with log type exhaust) and a weird looking drive with trans.? Not sure of the drive. Maybe a old volvo. Owner said it runs well but I think I would just repower. Whats the story, is it worth fixing up if this is the type of boat I want. Is it built as good and does it run as well as the magnum?

Thanks
Russ

Quick Reply: Areo Marine ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.