Areo Marine ??

Notices

Areo Marine ??

Old 01-29-2007, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Areo Marine ??

Originally Posted by 27magnum
do not know about areo marine history but if you are looking for a 27 Magnum I have one that will be on the market soon!
Hello 27Magnum
Can you tell me a little more about your 27 Sport that will be up for sale soon?

Thank you

Jim
Old 01-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Re: Aero Marine ??

Originally Posted by Russ G
I just checked out a boat that I thought was a 27 Magnum sport but it has a logo that said Aero Marine. It looks just like a 27 ft sport to me. Its a project for sure, although its all there. It has one big block (old school with log type exhaust) and a weird looking drive with trans.? Not sure of the drive. Maybe a old volvo. Owner said it runs well but I think I would just repower. Whats the story, is it worth fixing up if this is the type of boat I want. Is it built as good and does it run as well as the magnum?

Thanks
Russ
The Stern Power drive's were a updated version of the old Dana drive found on house boats in the late 60's. The drives are quite strong and the trans is a Velvet Drive72c by B W.
They are still made, and go by Stern Powr BX series now.
The glass work in the boats was not that bad , and if you rigged it youself you had a Magnum copy for half the price. But I must say it still wasnt a Magnum, I had both!
Old 01-29-2007, 02:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

hello h20 good to see ya posting.......If ya want i will buy ya a scanner and drive up there and give it to ya,,..lol talk to ya soon
Old 01-29-2007, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Were the decks on the Aero the same as the Magnum or just the hull?
Old 01-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 24degrees
Were the decks on the Aero the same as the Magnum or just the hull?
The decks were the same only difference no skid were the wood insert was, also they did not have the chrome intake vents on the side,, just holes or screens.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by nocigarette
hello h20 good to see ya posting.......If ya want i will buy ya a scanner and drive up there and give it to ya,,..lol talk to ya soon
Its on my list just had to make up my mind on witch one & price.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Aero Marine ??

Originally Posted by h2oboater
The Stern Power drive's were a updated version of the old Dana drive found on house boats in the late 60's. The drives are quite strong and the trans is a Velvet Drive72c by B W.
They are still made, and go by Stern Powr BX series now.
The glass work in the boats was not that bad , and if you rigged it youself you had a Magnum copy for half the price. But I must say it still wasnt a Magnum, I had both!
Hello H2boater,
Roger Munn ran the Speedo version of the Stern Power units with big blocks Chevys on his old 27 Magnum Sport(Jolly Roger) for years and it was one of the fasterst Magnum Sports around,, would run in the 80s in the 1970s.. They held up and I don't remember him ever having a drive problem.
Thank you

Jim
Old 01-29-2007, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. What do you think a 27 areo would be worth as a project? They say it runs well (454) Drive and trans ok. all there but weathered. Looks like a few spots on the bottom need a little attention. No bottom paint. sides and deck look clean, top faded. Interior is all there and maybe ok for one season but worn. ( I would update it with a modern sit down set up, gauges and throttle set up, etc.) Windshield is all there. Dont know about the fuel tank, transome( looks ok and original ) and stringers. On a trailer that looks ok but older.

Problem is I see projects done and not the boat for what it is. I Would do the body work and paint my self. (Painted cars most of my life.) I'm pretty good at finding good deals on used parts. And I have a great interior guy. I would build it for me not for resale but I dont want a boat that has no value at all. So what do you think? I would like a Magnum just to say I have one. But I really want to do a custom updated version anyway and really like the idea of one engine.

What kind of speed can you get out of a single big block with this boat?

Thanks
Russ
Old 01-29-2007, 07:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Russ G
Thanks guys. What do you think a 27 areo would be worth as a project? They say it runs well (454) Drive and trans ok. all there but weathered. Looks like a few spots on the bottom need a little attention. No bottom paint. sides and deck look clean, top faded. Interior is all there and maybe ok for one season but worn. ( I would update it with a modern sit down set up, gauges and throttle set up, etc.) Windshield is all there. Dont know about the fuel tank, transome( looks ok and original ) and stringers. On a trailer that looks ok but older.

Problem is I see projects done and not the boat for what it is. I Would do the body work and paint my self. (Painted cars most of my life.) I'm pretty good at finding good deals on used parts. And I have a great interior guy. I would build it for me not for resale but I dont want a boat that has no value at all. So what do you think? I would like a Magnum just to say I have one. But I really want to do a custom updated version anyway and really like the idea of one engine.

What kind of speed can you get out of a single big block with this boat?

Thanks
Russ
Stern Power made 3 different lower units if you have one with a bullet nose it may help but with that power about 55mph or if you had a big Tyler Crocket engine like the Magnum [Grumpy old Men] had,, 75mph might happen.
But a clean Areo with your power 10 to 15K in this market.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:52 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New paint,wiring,gauges,drive train,fuel tanks and the list goes on and on
Attached Thumbnails Areo Marine ??-helm-016.jpg  

Quick Reply: Areo Marine ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.