Areo Marine ?? >

Areo Marine ??

Notices

Areo Marine ??

Old 03-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Found my old Aero catalog this was the Magnum copy, with two deck options.
Attached Thumbnails Areo Marine ??-scan00535.jpg   Areo Marine ??-scan00545.jpg  
Old 03-27-2007, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The blue Kwixotic Aero was for sale in algonac a couple of years ago twin big blocks and sternpower speedies.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Found my old Aero catalog this was the Magnum copy, with two deck options.
Thanks for the pictures of the Aero H2oboater. I think my boat is sold tomorrow! I should be ready to pull the trigger this weekend on the Areo if I cant find a Magnum project that works for me in the mean time.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Russ G
Thanks for the pictures of the Aero H2oboater. I think my boat is sold tomorrow! I should be ready to pull the trigger this weekend on the Areo if I cant find a Magnum project that works for me in the mean time.
Did you see the Magnum 27 Sport project on Ebay and in the OSO classifieds?
Attached Thumbnails Areo Marine ??-9cc1_1.jpg  

Last edited by 24degrees; 03-27-2007 at 11:13 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I did. Great looking boat. Talked to the owner a few times, very nice guy. With his asking price and no engines or drives its just to much project for my pocket.

Russ
Old 03-29-2007, 05:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 247 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Russ G
I am from Pitman, my father(Magnum owner of 19 years) and I stopped to look at the Aero in Deptford. When I moved that tiller arm the whole transom moved/flexed without much effort. I didn't crawl around in the engine compartment to determine what the condition (rot) of the transom. I don't think what it would cost to improve/bring that boat up to speed would be worth it. Find a Magnum, do it right, if you can. The Stern Power outdrive was a good unit in the 70's but why worry SSP parts in 2007, and the drive was way too deep. Comestically it needs rub-rail, some glass work, ect. I don't think there will be a market for it when you go to sell it.

This is just my opinion, on a two minute walk around, not a complete go-through. $$$ will drive your decision, it is a hell of a project with no real appreciation in value when it is all said and done. Then again, I have no idea of the asking price for the Aero. But to do it right you would spend far more that what you would get back at re-sale time, and the bottom-line IT AIN'T NO MAGNUM. The 27' Magnum posted (post #234 in the Lake St. Clair thread) without power (the white boat) and Bravo's would be a great project if it fits your budget. Just my $.02, good luck in whatever you decide.

Last edited by Smarty; 03-29-2007 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Stern power drives are still made here's the place to find them.
Attached Thumbnails Areo Marine ??-boat1-3a.jpg   Areo Marine ??-card.jpg   Areo Marine ??-features.jpg  

Old 03-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
I am from Pitman, my father(Magnum owner of 19 years) and I stopped to look at the Aero in Deptford. When I moved that tiller arm the whole transom moved/flexed without much effort. I didn't crawl around in the engine compartment to determine what the condition (rot) of the transom. I don't think what it would cost to improve/bring that boat up to speed would be worth it. Find a Magnum, do it right, if you can. The Stern Power outdrive was a good unit in the 70's but why worry SSP parts in 2007, and the drive was way too deep. Comestically it needs rub-rail, some glass work, ect. I don't think there will be a market for it when you go to sell it.

This is just my opinion, on a two minute walk around, not a complete go-through. $$$ will drive your decision, it is a hell of a project with no real appreciation in value when it is all said and done. Then again, I have no idea of the asking price for the Aero. But to do it right you would spend far more that what you would get back at re-sale time, and the bottom-line IT AIN'T NO MAGNUM. The 27' Magnum posted (post #234 in the Lake St. Clair thread) without power (the white boat) and Bravo's would be a great project if it fits your budget. Just my $.02, good luck in whatever you decide.
I agree......you'll be better off buying a Mag......

Gettin' sick of hearin' that yet?......
Old 03-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was still working at Express we built a 28' single cat for Bob Mace ( JTM Performance ) He had some big power in front of that red stern power BX drive in H2O's pic and it was really a good looking peice.

If somebody wanted a couple 700 Ilmor's in one of my cats I would not have a problem putting a pair on the transom.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 247 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Stern power drives are still made here's the place to find them.
I would not buy a boat in 2007 with that SSP drive on the transom, that's just me. I am a MerCruiser guy (Volvo 270/280's have their niche under 400 hp). A dealer/boat lot that is three miles down the road from where that Aero boat sits is selling Bravo's dirt cheap. Who would work on that Stern Power here in NJ if it needed work (the labor would be more than what the drive is worth)? Who could actually make it work right, and cost being an issue (repair/parts/resale). On a separate issue that drive is mounted way too deep on that boat.

I remember Roger Munn's boat and the drives, but Roger knows (and knew then) how to build stuff and make it work, that was a Volvo conversion to handle the BBC horsepower/torque. This Aero boat does not have a horspower issue by the looks of that motor and exhaust in the earlier post. Hey, the drive may work great, and may not need a thing, but if it did fail, WTF. I think $1500 to $2000 is what that boat is worth, on the high side as it sits in its present condition. Not worth the aggravation.

Last edited by Smarty; 03-29-2007 at 09:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Areo Marine ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.