Lake St Clair Magnum's >

Lake St Clair Magnum's

Notices

Lake St Clair Magnum's

Old 09-25-2011, 12:29 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee
I agree, the 27' Magnum Sport has the perfect proportions and the sexiest lines of any boat, it defines how a offshore boat should look.

My only drawback is the lack of freeboard, if your 6' or taller it feels kinda weird with the gunnels at your kneecaps but I guess you can always drop the floor down like many have done in the past.

Kinda why HallJ looks like a giraffe in his Sport
He looks like a giraffe out of his Sport too...
Old 09-25-2011, 09:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 24degrees
He looks like a giraffe out of his Sport too...
YUP!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Lake St Clair Magnum's-mag-hawk-.jpg  
Old 09-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
YUP!!!!

I'm just glad your couch is long enough!

Jeff
Old 09-25-2011, 10:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by hallj
I'm just glad your couch is long enough!

Jeff
Only if Lola lets you have it .
Attached Thumbnails Lake St Clair Magnum's-lola.jpg   Lake St Clair Magnum's-lola-2.jpg  
Old 10-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default It Begins

I'm testing my sport I bought last June for the first time tomorrow,. If all goes well than I will start the Magnums restoration now that all the hard work on the Donzi is done.
I pulled the cover off for the first time since June, replaced some fuel lines and a quick wash and it's ready to test her out. The pic's make her really look good, but she will need all the white deck & bottom redone.
There are many cool Magnums out there, is one better than a another ??? Unfortunately the Magnum market is not like the classic car market. I sold my race Mag, that may have won the most victory's of any Mag for 18k back in 1986. That was the fair market price back then even though it had a rich race history. In fact the race history may have hurt it's sale.

When I restore this Mag I wont be doing it to flip her, as I plan on doing all the work myself. I just want to have a fun Mag that I wont be afraid to enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails Lake St Clair Magnum's-mag-sport-fall-2011-h2o.jpg   Lake St Clair Magnum's-mag-sport-fall-2011-h2o-010.jpg   Lake St Clair Magnum's-mag-sport-fall-2011-h2o-009.jpg  

Lake St Clair Magnum's-mag-sport-fall-2011-h2o-007.jpg   Lake St Clair Magnum's-mag-sport-fall-2011-h2o-012.jpg  
Old 10-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Mark,

How exstensive will the restoration be?............good luck & very eager to see this get under way..........it's hard to tell, but in the pic of the engines it looks like there's no bench seat or does it fold foward?
Old 10-06-2011, 12:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by scippy
Mark,

How exstensive will the restoration be?............good luck & very eager to see this get under way..........it's hard to tell, but in the pic of the engines it looks like there's no bench seat or does it fold foward?
The top of the back seat flips forward. I'm going to modify the catches, it does make it easier to work on. I plan to cut the floor and add foot wells like I had in my old mag. After the run we did in Apache Johns yellow Mag I know I need stand up seats. The boat needs to be taken down to a blank hull cleaned up and re rigged. But until I run it I wont know for sure. Here is a pic of the back seat & hinge.
Attached Thumbnails Lake St Clair Magnum's-magnum-back-seat-l1.jpg  
Old 10-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Hinged seat

We hinge the entire seat forward and the down. We have step plates over the batteries and the 1st stringer of the engine compartment is cut down a little,providing great access to the engine bay.The entire seat can be removed easily by just unscrewing the piano hinge from the seat base. Bud
Attached Thumbnails Lake St Clair Magnum's-img_0810.jpg   Lake St Clair Magnum's-img_0796.jpg   Lake St Clair Magnum's-img_0797.jpg  

Lake St Clair Magnum's-img_0798.jpg   Lake St Clair Magnum's-img_0801.jpg  
Old 10-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Hinged seat

Two more photos,engine compartment and rear seat removed. Bud
Attached Thumbnails Lake St Clair Magnum's-035.jpg   Lake St Clair Magnum's-47-1-.jpg  
Old 10-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
The top of the back seat flips forward. I'm going to modify the catches, it does make it easier to work on. I plan to cut the floor and add foot wells like I had in my old mag. After the run we did in Apache Johns yellow Mag I know I need stand up seats. The boat needs to be taken down to a blank hull cleaned up and re rigged. But until I run it I wont know for sure. Here is a pic of the back seat & hinge.
Mark - Bud,

Nice Set up with the hinged rear seat,, any idea how the strength is affected with engine bulk head hindged, and removed across the top?

Thank you
jim

Last edited by dammmagnum; 10-06-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Lake St Clair Magnum's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.