Keep the 351's or go chevy? >

Keep the 351's or go chevy?

Notices

Keep the 351's or go chevy?

Old 03-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mr vinyl
If you have a valid title you are ok,we were just trying to help you get a better handel on the boat.Posting pictures are not that hard,they just have be e-mail size and you have to be a member of OSO. Good luck. Bud

Bud,

Thanks for the assistance, Yep I have the title, and i would love to know more about the boats history. I am starting to get excited about getting her back in the water. I will have a long list of things to to make that happen.

What have you guys done to replace the windshield? Mine is/was black plexiglas. can you add a swim platform to a Magnum with external steering?

Doug

Last edited by Crallscars; 03-26-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Crallscars
Bud,

Thanks for the assistance, Yep I have the title, and i would love to know more about the boats history. I am starting to get excited about getting her back in the water. I will have a long list of things to to make that happen.

What have you guys done to replace the windshield? Mine is/was black plexiglas. can you add a swim platform to a Magnum with external steering?

Doug
As my tall windshield has some damage do to the fall, I like the faring that 27 sedan has, looks clean. If you put the platform high enuff like the other red sedan with the arch it should clear the rams. I plain to put one back on my sedan.
Attached Thumbnails Keep the 351's or go chevy?-mag-sedan-27.jpg   Keep the 351's or go chevy?-mag-crash2.jpg   Keep the 351's or go chevy?-mag-sedan-h2o-121.jpg  

Old 03-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Registered

Thanks for the pictures, I really like the look of your sedan in the water, mine was white with red sides. I repainted the hull white and had plans to do some kind of stripe. I like your narrow stripe down the chine. My Windshield is pretty low, or low compared to yours. What engines/drives are you using?

I would love to see more pictures of your interior and engine compartment.

Again, thanks for the great pictures.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Bud...I think that my Magnum is a 71 (says Les Holman) and it came with Boss 351s hens the name "The Boss" (also 1971 mfg) and I cannot find any number anywhere and have removed and disemboweled the dash and removed the rub rail trim, the flooring and NO Numbers other than the one issued by Nevada in 1990 (not anywhere on the hull) with the mention on the title: year unknown. So all Magnums do not have serials that can be found.

Les Holman said they got five or as many as fifteen hulls from Don A in exchange for the balances owed on H-M engines. Mine was one of them an it was taken to Long Beach CA and operated by his Dad (John Holman) and Bill Stroppe a shop that they eventually owned as Holman-Moody West, Long Beach CA (Distributor of Ford Panteras, and For prepared Baja race vehicles).
Old 03-27-2010, 02:26 PM
Registered

h2oboater, If you need a windshield I have a low-profile aluminum frame in stock ! On "HIGH LIFE" I made one out of 1/2" STARBOARD in white. Michael
Old 03-27-2010, 02:29 PM
Registered

crallscars, If you need parts for a sedan I might have what you need. Cell # 781-844-8082 Michael "HIGH LIFE"
Old 04-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engines

I still have a set of rebuilt 350's and 280 outdrives for sale
I sold the hull but still have these engines, let me know if you want
more info.
thanks,
Brian
860-729-5135 cell.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 28
I still have a set of rebuilt 350's and 280 outdrives for sale
I sold the hull but still have these engines, let me know if you want
more info.
thanks,
Brian
860-729-5135 cell.
Still very tempting. h2o
Old 04-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Registered

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMSFX1Vb3xQ[/YOUTUBE]

I can't be the only one that searched youtube for the viedo after reading this thread
Old 04-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Default Vin #

Hey guys,

Check the seats. Yep the seats. Magnum was famous for putting the hull number on parts to designate what boat the parts went into. If you have the original seats pull up the seat pads and the VIN is right there on the shell of the seat. No kidding. On my boat hull #17 both seats and the side bolsters have the hull number written on them and they match the hull.

Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.