Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Magnum Marine
Magnum Projects for 2013 >

Magnum Projects for 2013

Notices

Magnum Projects for 2013

Old 01-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My eng. compartment stringers are different and the transom was certainly made strong. The outer layer of glass is 5/8" thick. Most Starfires had big blocks so I'm assuming that the added inner stringers are typical.
Attached Thumbnails Magnum Projects for 2013-mag-restoration-002.jpg   Magnum Projects for 2013-magresto.jan31-004.jpg   Magnum Projects for 2013-mag-restoration-001.jpg  

Old 01-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Marshall,

I've noticed there's a few different variations on the engine bay floor stiffeners..If you look at Mark's 27 it has the X pattern, the starfire bud's involved with has angled parallel strips. Your starfire runs like a mini stringer (fore & aft) which divides each half of the engine bay...Wonder why all the different stiffener patterns?.......I noticed the 2 latches in the seat back, how does that work and was that factory?.......Anyway, good luck with the upgrades this winter & Hopefully not much repair is needed in the transom.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Bud,

Noticed the aluminum angle to support the new floor in the starfire (going to use that idea in mine) also the PVC chase pipe along side the main stringer to run fuel lines...all nice touches!
Are you running PVC piping under the stb side gunwale for steering and wire harness back to the engines?
Old 01-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pete,
The rear seat of my Mag has a piano hinge that runs the entire width of the forward edge of the seat. The seat and seat back open foward until it hits my front bolsters giving good engine access. It's done that way from the factory. There is also an access panel in the seat to get to the batteries and switch without folding the seat foward. The chip on the transom isn't too bad and I removed my starboard trim tab pump and there does not appear to be the same rot condition that I found on the port side.
- Marshall
Old 01-06-2013, 05:39 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default PVC for Cables

Pete,That would be a good idea for electrical and cables,two different tubes.I will mentioned it to Bob and see what he thinks.
Marshall,from what I have heard the angled pattern like the bracing in ours was the preferred choice,it provided greater support for the hull.I will talk to Roger about that...good question.
Also where built to take a pounding...not like the cigarette which followed.Bud
Attached Thumbnails Magnum Projects for 2013-img_3905.jpg   Magnum Projects for 2013-img_3907.jpg  
Old 01-13-2013, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile engine cover

Bud, winter in ny, so I look forward to summer to really get going. The 25 Sport that I bought came only withe front center part of the engine cover. It also came with a large u shaped part that fits unde
R the gunwales, I am assuming this supported the rest of the cover. Any good suggestions on building out the sides and engine hatch

Thks

Mike Feingold
Old 01-13-2013, 04:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 25 Sport

Send me some pictures of what it looks like and I will forward how some other 25's have been finished off. Bud