----Short Circuit---- >

----Short Circuit----

Notices

----Short Circuit----

Old 09-09-2014, 07:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Bill SC can finally breath optimum air flow through it's engines now it's back to normal altitude on LSC..........What's the ride like compared to your other boats?
Old 09-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill,

I'm 58 . . . .I hope you haven't reached 75 yet . . . if you have, you're the youngest 75 I've ever known!!

M
Old 09-09-2014, 09:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by olredalert
----Mario,,,Mark is so correct! Im still in a bit of a learning stage. Anything airborn may have to wait a few. I haven't been over 75 mph in a while. Probably since I sold the last Corsican. Judging by how much my cheeks are flapping we have already been above that by a bump, and we weren't anywhere near trimmed right ( GPS is not functioning at present). Its all good though as I have a GREAT crew chief. Can you guess who it is? Oh,,, you only get 1 guess! On the plus side, SC is super stable and, like Marks "Screwdriver", has absolutely superior handling. Steering is especially good. Love this Mag..........Bill S
Bill,

Keep the posts and photos coming, it's great to see SC being enjoyed and she looks right at home on Lake St. Clair.

When your cheeks start to pucker you know you are going fast enough

Julian
Old 09-09-2014, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

----Mario,,,Dont know where I thought I saw that you just turned 50. Really trying to make you feel like the kid you are. Just the kind of guy I am I guess. Although I have to say, at times I feel like Im 75 lately.

----Joules,,,With a bit of experience hopefully Ill be pushing past the pucker point soon. So far all is good, although we had a few teething problems before we even got started.

----Scippy,,,My other boats are basicly pleasure boats. Hard to make comparisons except that the 27 Sport hull is exceptionally forgiving. So far Mark, Chuck and I are really pleased with the current mph. I have to work on the trim as that's where any more speed is at with the present set-up......Bill S
Old 09-10-2014, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Nice Mag Bill. Congrats on the new boat.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bill,
Joules was going to get me pictures of the decal/plate for the flap indicator. I am restoring the #1 Maltese and can see where it had this style of indicator. I am hoping to be able to come up with something to use. Thanks.
Tom

P.S. hope maybe i can get a pictiure or 2 from you.

Last edited by TMITCHELL; 11-20-2014 at 02:43 PM. Reason: incomplete
Old 11-21-2014, 02:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

[QUOTE=TMITCHELL;4222455]Bill,
Joules was going to get me pictures of the decal/plate for the flap indicator. I am restoring the #1 Maltese and can see where it had this style of indicator. I am hoping to be able to come up with something to use. Thanks.
Tom

Tom this is a pic of the trim & tab indicators, is this what you want ? Tabs are on the port side. Mark
Attached Thumbnails ----Short Circuit-----mag-s-c-seats.jpg  
Old 11-22-2014, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes. I need a closer picture, or if you know where I can get the decals/plates it would be greatly appreciated. I have guages for the drives. There are cable holes and screw holes where that style of indicators were.
Tom
Old 01-18-2015, 06:44 PM
Registered

Bill,

I think winter is boring, and there's evidence you're at work on something . . I think we need an update ;-)
Old 01-19-2015, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

----Thanks for thinking of me, Mario! You're right, finally I have gotten back up to speed on the Spitfire with major help from my crewchief, Mark. The hull and deck were finished almost 4 years ago, but the Fino got in the way. We will post pictures when we can. Also doing some small stuff to Short Circuit. Its in storage, but I do have access to it till I can get it home in the spring, if that ever comes. Exhaust needed a bit of rehab and we needed to muffle it a bit as well. I don't want the popos haunting me next summer. Also wanted to replace the welded up sheetmetal valvecovers, and maybe straighten out some of the wiring. Hows your money pit? Seems like its almost done.......Bill S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.