Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Mid Atlantic US
2018 chesapeake bay family and friends run >

2018 chesapeake bay family and friends run

Notices

2018 chesapeake bay family and friends run

Old 04-25-2018, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is what the marina looks like. We will have the entire C dock. We have specific slip assignments for all.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck and have a great time wish I could of made it .
Rich
Old 04-27-2018, 05:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Going to miss you Uncle Richard. Hope to see you soon.

Chris
Old 04-27-2018, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts

Wife has to make presentation at work this morning. WTF? I’ll be fueling up and making final preps. Should be floating by 2pm. See ya all at the dock.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts
Smile

What a great event organized by Chris, his wife and Rob. Thanks for welcoming us to your group. Weather could have been warmer but it is what it is. For anyone thinking about coming next year, don’t hesitate. I have been in the sportboat game for over 30 years and this group and run was one of the best. Nice meeting everyone and hope to see you next year.
Old 04-29-2018, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

. To my extended family. I cant thank you enough for making myself , Debbie , and the rest of the NY crew feel so at home. Chris, what can I say, I ;love you brother. And it was so nice to finally meet you beautiful wife Wendy, Thank you for all you help as well (and for putting up with my little brother Chris). Robert, after all the years of hearing Chris talk about you, I was starting to think that you didn't exist . And as always , great seeing all my boat buds I never get to see. I can speak from experience, these runs don't always go as planned. But I can tell anyone that reads this post, this venue is amazing. The ramp is outstanding, The marina is gorgeous, and I mean ridiculous. The Chesapeake is an incredible body of water(that I want to see more of). And the restaurant that we had lunch at Saturday was perfect. As so was Saturday nights dinner at the marina. All I can say is, anyone that hesitated and didn't join us this year , you don't know what you missed. Just like every run, they get better every year. Guys, this one is going to be off the charts. Once again, thank you Chris,Wendy, Robert and anyone else that may have helped out to put this great weekend together. I look forward to seeing everyone in the fall for the Hudson Run.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:01 AM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 24 Posts

Not sure I can add much to the above. This weekend was a great way to start the season and I'm looking forward to going back next year. I definitely see this event growing over time. That marina was one of the nicest I've ever been to and the restaurant for lunch - Wow! Great food, great views and 93 octane all at the dock!

Most of all, it was the people. Thanks again to my MD friends, old and new. Great to meet you all and I look forward to seeing in in July in the Thousand Islands.

Now, as a freshwater boater, if I can only learn to plan around tides, it would be perfect. Got stuck waiting for the tide to come in at Sandy Point for 2 hours yesterday. Good thing we had beer in the cooler and a pizza delivery place 2 miles away!
Old 04-30-2018, 09:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Jonathon, Matt, Charlie, Tom and everyone that attended,
Thanks for the kind words. Myself, Wendy and Robert are all very flattered by the kind words. We worked very hard to make sure we had everything right for this years run. Having all of you travel such a long way to spend the weekend with us meant the world to us. Of course we will work even harder for next years event. In the coming days there will be plenty of photos and videos posted. If you have photos and videos please post them or send to me and I will get them out to everyone. Thank you all for attending. see everyone soon. 1000 Islands here we come....!!!!

PS. I would like to say a major thank you to Chris, Robert, Linc and Donnie for all of your help getting my boat back together and running for this past weekend. You guys are amazing friends.

Chris
Old 04-30-2018, 09:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Old 04-30-2018, 11:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I invited my buddy Jeff Taylor for the weekend to take photos of the event...below is the link to his work...view it on the slideshow...Outstanding job JT. Thank you for all the time and hard work.
http://www.pbase.com/jstaylor/harbor_run
If you see photos you want printed get a hold of me and I will get you JT's contact info...

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.