What happened to White Lightning?

Notices

What happened to White Lightning?

Old 09-09-2008, 08:14 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by R.P.M. Magazine
This thread is awesome .. you'd think he was the pilot of Rio Roses or something with everyone chiming in and wanting a piece... Even got an (old 40' skater) wanting in on the action. We're going to have to sanction this event if there's any more competitors..
Just really bored and I am wanting to see WL back up the claims of a 120mph pass... You and I both know that will never happen, but it is at least worth a shot...??? Truly a beautiful boat and a unique piece nonetheless...
Regards
Old 09-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hell yeah it's worth a shot... I can't speak for Travis , so I can't say whether he would or wouldn't but I'd like to see it regardless who it is. I wouldn't run an offshore racing magazine if I didn't salivate over competition on the water. I love this chit..

Last edited by R.P.M. Magazine; 09-09-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tbonepmp
Just really bored and I am wanting to see WL back up the claims of a 120mph pass... You and I both know that will never happen, but it is at least worth a shot...??? Truly a beautiful boat and a unique piece nonetheless...
Regards
Old 09-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Registered

Can we make it Saturday Sept 20th instead?
I will be in town for that run.

Either way lets see some boats running!!!
Old 09-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by formula377
Can we make it Saturday Sept 20th instead?
I will be in town for that run.

Either way lets see some boats running!!!
Marc, if you and I have to run to get some d*mn competition going, then so be it!! What's this world coming to??

And change your d*mn avatar since you're Reggie's fluffer now!
Old 09-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Registered

HeyT Bone Pimp, Did the pilot of WL tell you that his boat was capable of a 120mph pass. I did an article in the latest issue of the mag on the boat and spent quite a bit of time with Travis and I have never heard any claims of 120mph. He's really pretty quiet about the whole thing. It took over 2 months of haggling with him to get him to even consider doing the article. With that being said, I have been in his boat and caught a glimpse of a needle slap that was north of 110.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:48 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HeyT Bone Pimp, Did the pilot of WL tell you that his boat was capable of a 120mph pass. I did an article in the latest issue of the mag on the boat and spent quite a bit of time with Travis and I have never heard any claims of 120mph. He's really pretty quiet about the whole thing. It took over 2 months of haggling with him to get him to even consider doing the article. With that being said, I have been in his boat and caught a glimpse of a needle slap that was north of 110.
Yes, he did tell me and his crew continued with the claim of it be the fastest boat at LOTO. Lets keep in mind I am not trying to make this into a dick swinging contest because quite frankly I could careless what it runs. Now, I do have to admit that I find it highly unlikely that it is capable of running 110mph or better. I'm sure Travis is a great guy and I am by no means attacking him or his boat, like I said I have just been really bored when at LOTO lately and would love to see WL back up some claims. Years past there always use to be some good racing going on Sat. evenings, now you can't find anybody willing to let it all hang out...
Regards
Old 09-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Registered

Yes, he did tell me and his crew continued with the claim of it be the fastest boat at LOTO. Lets keep in mind I am not trying to make this into a dick swinging contest because quite frankly I could careless what it runs. Now, I do have to admit that I find it highly unlikely that it is capable of running 110mph or better. I'm sure Travis is a great guy and I am by no means attacking him or his boat, like I said I have just been really bored when at LOTO lately and would love to see WL back up some claims. Years past there always use to be some good racing going on Sat. evenings, now you can't find anybody willing to let it all hang out...
Regards

The claim to the fastest boat on the Lake, well if he made that claim to me I'd have to laugh in his face....You and I both know that's bull$hit!!! I just smelled some competition soup and figured I'd stir the pot to keep it warm.

Rob
Old 09-11-2008, 07:48 AM
Registered

I did an article in the latest issue of the mag on the boat and spent quite a bit of time with Travis and I have never heard any claims of 120mph.

Just curious... where can I get a copy of your magazine. I have let all my boating magazine subrscriptions lapse, would be interested in reading an article about LOTO and a local boat.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Registered

Regards
OK, First off WOW wish I had some money like the BIG BOYS! Secondly, The guy wanting to enter the Skater,would need to borrow a SKATER. Third, MES. The girls and I are well aware as YOU are, what was said on the dock(mr.needa publicity,did mom@dad give you permission for more boats) Last,TBP I never told you the boat would run 120,I don't have a clue who you are,let alone the fastest boat,PLEASE that's funny. I have said Chris Roper said 122 and we had not been close,or 120 whatever,and yes the GIRLS(crew) have made LOTS of comments,let them have fun,as long as they keep taking care of WL and me they can say what they want! Oh and I take great pride in WL and I always bringing our crew home SAFE!

Quick Reply: What happened to White Lightning?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.