Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Midwest
Biggest LOTO waves??? >

Biggest LOTO waves???

Notices

Biggest LOTO waves???

Old 05-29-2013, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're at the 55 mm. Different morons. No one appears to know that you're supposed to stay at No Wake Speed 100' from docks or even around boats tied up, people in the water. That doesn't mean plow speed, it means throttle all the way back. I've never seen sooooo many idiots plowing INSIDE No Wake buoys , which is wrong to begin with. Then with all the docks, and people floating on rafts 10-15' from their dock. Appears that leaving the city and coming to the LOTO give idiots the chance to shine their brightest. Read the Mo. Water Patrol Handbook! These boats aren't freaking tanks. Betcha didn't know, you're responsible for damage your wake causes? Hard to pin it on one person down there for sure. Been to Potty Cove one time, 26 years ago. Haven't been back since, and never will. Lake is over 92 miles long, I'll keep chasing the calm water!
Old 05-30-2013, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Calm water = Table Rock = most boring week on the water I have ever had.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Orthobam
Why not just rent a place at the 40mm +? The water from 40-55 is no big deal and it is still close to Cpt. Rons.
We haven't stayed up there yet, maybe we should give it a try during the season. But most of the fun destinations are aways from there, especially at night.

Originally Posted by Orthobam
Calm water = Table Rock = most boring week on the water I have ever had.
Not for anything but most of us are not blessed with a 40' Skater so I can completely understand why Table Rock would be a boring week for you. That simply means more water for us lil'guys at those southern lakes.

You also have to admit the rough water of LOTO is slightly different than the rough waters of most lakes. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy the challenges of rough water but when you only have so many hours in a weekend and there is just so much LOTO rough we can take.

Last edited by TW720HVY; 05-30-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:47 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

I don't remember how long ago this was taken....i'd venture to say a good 10yrs ago...but this boat was already on the way down......this was leaving from PC
I've seen easy 6-8's leaving the cove....
Attached Thumbnails Biggest LOTO waves???-awesomeboat.jpg  

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 05-30-2013, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
We haven't stayed up there yet, maybe we should give it a try during the season. But most of the fun destinations are aways from there, especially at night.

Not for anything but most of us are not blessed with a 40' Skater so I can completely understand why Table Rock would be a boring week for you. That simply means more water for us lil'guys at those southern lakes.

You also have to admit the rough water of LOTO is slightly different than the rough waters of most lakes. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy the challenges of rough water but when you only have so many hours in a weekend and there is just so much LOTO rough we can take.
I have always owned smaller boats (25'-32' Crownline) with no problems anywhere. I actually take my 15' Sea Doo jet boat out all over the main channel Saturday afternoons. Granted, you have to be smart about it. I just don't see the big deal. If you are not in any big rush and don't expect to travel 40 miles on the main channel Saturday at 2pm, you will be fine. We usually just find an area and stick to it when the rest of the lake is busy. My uncle lives at the 52mm and has never owned more than a 21' boat.

In the Gravois arm, you have 3 awesome bar/restaurants and 5 or 6 coves that you can do water sports in which is exactly what we do on the weekends in the Sea Doo. We haven't owned the Skater long enough to actually explore the lake. I expect it will allow us to go from one end to the other any time we want, but again that has not been our routine over the past 5 years.

We all having different boating styles. My schedule is
Early morning - jet ski ride with my daughter before there is any traffic
Late morning - tubing, skiing, etc in some nearby coves
Early afternoon - be somewhere (either on the dock or lakeside bar/restaurant)
Late afternoon - think about dinner and heading back home if we are out
Early evening - calm water again to take the kids back out tubing, etc.
Evening - cocktails and good food (usually at home)

Repeat, Repeat, Repeat.

Bear Bottoms, Capt. Rons, Big Dick 1/2way in are in the upper numbers in case you are looking.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

^^^^^^^^
I've been to every part of LOTO (with the exception of the Osage Arm past Big Dick's) in a 23' and 26' boat during one of the busiest weeks/weekends of the year - July 4th.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:52 PM
Registered

I completely get what you guys are saying.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:47 AM
tgi
Registered

It is true what knot & bam are saying.

You don't need a massive boat to enjoy what the ozarks offers.

You can safely get anywhere you want on LOTO in a 21' runabout. Plan on traveling 25 mph & enjoy the beautiful houses gracing the shoreline.

Since boat traffic peaked in 2006, you don't have to worry about the volume of boats on the weekends. Yes there still are big boats everywhere but you're not traveling 6 wide all the way down the main channel.

LOTO is returning to it's quiet graceful days of the 90's..... I don't mind it one bit
Old 05-31-2013, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

With gas at about 4.50 per gallon on the water all those big boats are heading for the closest bar/restaurant or cove to drop anchor in. There is not nearly the traffic on the lake there was around 2006.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tgi
You can safely get anywhere you want on LOTO in a 21' runabout. Plan on traveling 25 mph & enjoy the beautiful houses gracing the shoreline.
That is exactly why I hang out on OSO so me and my boat can only go 25mph in order to enjoy the day!

Last edited by TW720HVY; 05-31-2013 at 11:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Biggest LOTO waves???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.