Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Midwest
Biggest LOTO waves??? >

Biggest LOTO waves???

Notices

Biggest LOTO waves???

Old 06-08-2013, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

I came up behind Miller time last week end and hit his wake. Wow that gut leaves a big one. I wish I'd had a picture of my boat hitting that one, it would have been good!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The lake doesn't have waves any bigger then 6 foot. You have to be ready for waves like that coming off the big sea rays and blue waters. They do come in call directions though so you have to just be smart and know what your doing. What I don't understand is how people in anything smaller then a 28 ft boat are out on the lake during a holiday weekend. Ive seen boats as small as 15 foot fishing boats out in the middle of the lake. My advise is to either go out before noon or go out in the evening when people have got to a bar for dinner if you have anything smaller then 30 feet.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:47 PM
Registered

Honestly I like calm water. As I agree with the previous statement, we all don't own 40's. I guess if launching boats and having everyone hunkered down is a relaxing boat ride, good for you brother. It's not just the big boats and their wakes. It's the fact that most people don't know how to drive a boat, period. Inexperience, oh did we mention BWI????? We have plenty of places up at 55 to eat at. And we're pretty happy NOT having everyone find these little gems. Did I say the water falls over a cliff at the 55?
Old 06-25-2013, 12:33 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Gravois Mills????? I thought that didn't exist anymore. LOL!!!!!

To each his own. I like calm water too. But also like the variety that the 0-38mm has to offer.
In 40 years, I've never been past about the 51mm. I usually turn around when I hear the banjo's
Old 07-09-2013, 02:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
Gravois Mills????? I thought that didn't exist anymore. LOL!!!!!

To each his own. I like calm water too. But also like the variety that the 0-38mm has to offer.
In 40 years, I've never been past about the 51mm. I usually turn around when I hear the banjo's
Good one Griff!
Old 07-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Registered

Not even close to Gravois Mills at the 55????? Maybe you should have saved your money on two foot-itis and got a GPS. Of course most of us live Here, own here, and deal with the weekenders who think this is a playground to tear everyone else's crap up and go back to, uuuugghhhh Omahome. I suppose having squealed like a pig once will make you gun shy about stringed instruments.......... Again, the lake drops off at the 55, so save your gas......
Old 07-29-2013, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok,

Saturday afternoon (I asked for it)

Miller Time and a 50ft + Sea Ray were plowing side by side right past HToad.

I was in a 40' Skater coming towards them and had no idea what to do. Go through, go over, slow down and bob up and down?? We went over. I don't think that was the right decision. I've never been in the ocean so I can't comment, but......if it gets worse than that, I'm out.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:06 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by t10bender
Not even close to Gravois Mills at the 55????? Maybe you should have saved your money on two foot-itis and got a GPS. Of course most of us live Here, own here, and deal with the weekenders who think this is a playground to tear everyone else's crap up and go back to, uuuugghhhh Omahome. I suppose having squealed like a pig once will make you gun shy about stringed instruments.......... Again, the lake drops off at the 55, so save your gas......
You really need to lighten up.

I am well aware of where the 55mm and Gravois Mills are. I have been coming to LOTO for over 40 years. My grandparents owned several houses and developed a subdivsion and my parents used to own some property. 40 years ago, we way up at the 33mm and now thats where the Shootout is. You better move to some higher numbers because it will be at the 55mm in no time.

Your profile says Gravois Mills. Maybe you should change that.
As far as 2 foot-itis.......you are the one who has repeatedly posted your that your PQ Laser is a 290.......and then said it must be 2 foot-itis.

Besides it was joke as everybody else knew....at least everybody with a sense of humor.

Last edited by Griff; 07-31-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Registered

That's my mailing address. I guess I could have said Proctor, Mo. However the Annual Banjo Picking contest is this weekend. Don't want to make anyone nervous than they already are!
Glad your efficient in your research of my posts, maybe you can help me out with my steering problem? Seriously, the steering sucks.....
I've been going to the lake since 1982, however doesn't mean anything, other than I'm stupid enough not to buy property then, and resell a couple times over (made fun of myself). What I knew then......
Be more than happy to break the ice with a cold one if you make it up that way.

Last edited by t10bender; 08-06-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:26 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

The biggest wave..........................it's hasn't happened yet...............there's a new 68' Sunseeker being delivered to LOTO and that biggest wake/wave is coming, SOON, get ready.

Quick Reply: Biggest LOTO waves???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.