Hey!!!!!!!!!!!! >

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notices

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve, I'd say your formula for the Heat is dead on. Mine ran 61 with a 496 Mag, 74 with 600+ HP and 84 with 800 HP all under similar summer conditions. Using 17 HP per MPH would put me at 609 N/A(the engine actually dynoed at 608!!) and 796HP with the supercharger. I've put about 70 Hrs. on it since putting the supercharger on it in May. So far, not one mechanical issue. I do drive it pretty easy though. Usually have a boat load of people that don't care to go really fast. After Labor day I'm going to send my 29 P5X to Julie for labbing and raise the boost in search of 90. I'm thinking you need close to 900HP to get a solid 90 in this boat. I'm currently running 5 PSI. My other pulley bumps it up to 6.5 PSI. The best I've seen is 87 on an 85 degree day. I'll go run it this winter and see if I can get 90 at least once, so I can say I did! LOL
Old 08-12-2005, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Linster
Havn't posted much because been too busy boating. We have done a few good long trips this summer but it is winding down, Two weekends ago, 14 boats went from the Potomac in Va to Baltimore & Red Eyes. About three nights on the boat and 300 Miles. Numerous cooler supplies. Maryland is really set up for boaters, Great places to stop all over place.

Not had a chance to open it up. Been too loaded with gear and fuel. The heat has been really bad the last few weeks. The humidity has been right there with it.

We have 2 radar runs coming up soon. Will stretch it out then.

Dave, thanks for getting this going again. I guess its ggod news everyone has been boating too much to post.

Gary, Where you been?

We are going to Key West for the last Offshore race in November, There are about 8 couples going. We are staying at the Wydham Reach resort. Anyone coming Please let us know so we can get together,

Lotti got the Frig out. He didn't need my saw though. He has a big winter of work planned.

Steve, Good numbers with the Heat. My buddy wants to get to 80 naturally. Any HP suggestions??

Have Fun.

GO Hokies!!!!!
GO Skins!!!!
Linster,
Sounds like you're having a big time this summer. I'm jealous. Too many distractions. To get to 80 in a Heat regularly (including heavy summer loads and hot weather), it's going to take approximately 700HP, regardless of how it's made. I think a 540 with good heads, induction, and hydraulic roller should be close. Actually, I like (bang for the buck) the Chevy crate 572/620. It just needs to be marinized, and can be had for under 12K.
It has been run in a 28' Eliminator, and seems to work very well in a marine application. 2 of them in the 28' Daytona runs mid 120s.
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 08-15-2005 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bobl
Steve, I'd say your formula for the Heat is dead on. Mine ran 61 with a 496 Mag, 74 with 600+ HP and 84 with 800 HP all under similar summer conditions. Using 17 HP per MPH would put me at 609 N/A(the engine actually dynoed at 608!!) and 796HP with the supercharger. I've put about 70 Hrs. on it since putting the supercharger on it in May. So far, not one mechanical issue. I do drive it pretty easy though. Usually have a boat load of people that don't care to go really fast. After Labor day I'm going to send my 29 P5X to Julie for labbing and raise the boost in search of 90. I'm thinking you need close to 900HP to get a solid 90 in this boat. I'm currently running 5 PSI. My other pulley bumps it up to 6.5 PSI. The best I've seen is 87 on an 85 degree day. I'll go run it this winter and see if I can get 90 at least once, so I can say I did! LOL
Bob,
I think that makes you the fastest open bow Heat doesn't it?
I think we do have a good database on these boats. Now let me see...........100 - 85 = 15MPH x 17HP = 255HP. I always thought it would take 1000HP (750 + 255) to get to 100MPH.
Would take a drive upgrade......................damn this is going to get expensive ......................
Regards,
Steve
Old 08-12-2005, 11:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been a real busy summer very happy with my flame, we have been on 7 overnight weekend trips and out every weekend. On the Maryland trip with linnie ran into some pretty big water in the bay real happy with the way the boat handled the big stuff. Gas bills really starting to pile up may have to slow down with the price of fuel getting so high. Looking forward to upgrading the power over the winter not sure what it will be, and also adding a permanent ac unit portable sucks, linnies works great maybe I can get him to put one in for me mike
Old 08-13-2005, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am very happy with my heat. The cabin continues to impress everyone who see's it, I have the rap around couch, which I perfer. i always seem to get compliments on the boat. I boat really handles Lake Mich well, I am able to run in the 50's in 3 footers fairly easily. My boat does not have tabs, it does not seem to need them, don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind them but I think the hull is designed not to need them. I am still working out a few bugs, but you will always have them. Now all is left is more hp and stearing!!!!!

Have a great summer fellow Nordic boaters!!
Old 08-15-2005, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad everyone is having a great summer and hasn't disappeared

Speeds and Heats…
I’m kinda familiar with a few
All GPS speeds…
454 Mag MPI in non stepped 97 (RVs old one) 62 mph.
496Mag is 61-63 in BobLs before the transplant.
496HO is around 66-67 (Indy’s on saltwater) (couple around here at 5000 feet see 60)
My old boat with HP500EFI currently runs right at 69-70 at Mead (1100feet)
My old boat with 540EFI naturally aspirated setup for high altitude performance (in other words pretty mild) ran 72-74 at Mead with ~550hp.
Steve Z’s before he owned it was 75-76 with stock under rated 575SCi
BobL 540EFI naturally aspirated 609hp ran 75-76.
Hot Boat/Powerboat: 2003 28 heat with HP500 and M3 ProCharger ran 79.7
Gent at Lake Havasu with Larry Peto 580 (675hp/700lbs) ran 80 @ Havasu in the Spring
My old 540EFI (in the mild) setup with M3 supercharger ran 83-85 all day
Steve Z I think is around 83-85?? with ~725hp.
BobL open bow blown 540 is 85-87 with a lot of hp.
My old 548 built substantially more aggressive with the SC and showing ~900hp of fuel usage (ECM read out) at 5700 rpm ran 88-91 in our old Heat.
Same motor now resides in my friends Heat ran 95.5 and was still climbing at 6000 rpm with a 30; hasn’t tried the 32 pitch yet.
1150 Paul Phaff and a couple blown Bmaxs turns out 103-105.

It all kind of makes sense I suppose.
I think a nice 572 with AFR heads and 9.5:1 might get you there Linnie. I think you’ll want near 700hp to get you 80+ on a consistent basis.

Hope this helps,
Dave

Last edited by Nordicflame; 08-15-2005 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:56 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Thanks Dave,

Not sure where Ricky is heading with what I am going to build for him. We are talking a lot of ideas.

Now looking at a 565 using the old block. 4.600 Bore, 4.25 Stroke, 6.353 Rods. 240/248 Hyd roller, Oval Merlin Heads that are ported very nicely, Dart Intake, CMI exhaust and Holley 1050 Marine Carb. We are going to put the compression at 10:1 knowing we are going to bleed off some with the cam.

Also may look at a 4.560 Bore, 4.375 Crank as well. (571) I know that if you go with 4.5 Stroke, you must get an aftermarket oil pan. That adds $500 with no power increase.

We may just start from Scratch, since we are not using anything but the block, Pan, & timing cover.

Time will tell.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Linster,

Busy, busy, busy. Re-locating our Marina to a new building should be ready for our Poker Run weekend after Labor Day. Building is awesome with large show room. This should be a great winter meeting place for all you Nordic lovers.

The 35 with 550 Vipers GPSed at 103, might even have more. This appears to be a great package. We should have a new 28 with the 550 Viper finished next week . Looking for low 80's, will keep you posted.

We are once again sponsoring the Lake Cumberland Poker Run. Lonnie Fluent is coming in and riding on my 35. For those who would like to attend visit the official website at www.midamericanboating.com Everyone is invited.

Last edited by 39 Unlimited; 08-16-2005 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:07 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Nordicflame
Wake Up!!!!

What's everyone up to?
Pretty quiet out there in Nordic land
Linnie, have you gotten that beast dialed in yet?
Gary, have you sold many new ones?
Steve Z, everything holding together well?
Bent, still need more power?
Sick, SELLING????
Dean, how's the Florida waters and your boat getting along?
Indiana, how's the HP500 going?
BobL, I know
Mahle, Raylar report yet
New guys, enjoying your boats?

Me, well I've checked the oil twice
Life is good with stock power (for now )

Dave
Dave,
The Fl. Waters are great! I haven't boated in about 3 weeks, too busy with my job, kids, and trying to start another business. Hopefully this weekend, my oldest girl wants to go tubing with her friends!
Hope all is well in SLC.
Dean
Old 08-18-2005, 04:57 AM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Gary,
I forwarded those pictures to you last night. Dont look bad.

I was hearing from the guy looking at this boat that the flame is going to have a new cabin in 06. Do you know anything about this? If so , Can we find out what will change?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.