Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
35 Flame w Gear Splitter >

35 Flame w Gear Splitter

Notices

35 Flame w Gear Splitter

Old 02-12-2008, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 35 Nordic Flame is sitting in my shop almost complete with a new engine package the old pauff moter just never got tuned quite right & burnt the deck. It has been replaced with a procharger & fast fuel injection I will test this set up as soon as the weather breaks I have been around a few of these boxes on pulling tractors but normaly two moters in to one drive shaft aprox. 4500 Hp with out trouble this should be no trick with only 1500-2000 the engine builders will tell you that it isn't the best thing but remember they want to sell two engines not one! I will keep you posted on speeds & problems but will not quit until I have at least run faster than posted in powerboat! Hope to run desert storm shootout may not get speed record there with the elevation
Old 02-12-2008, 12:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 35 Nordic Flame is sitting in my shop almost complete with a new engine package the old pauff moter just never got tuned quite right & burnt the deck. It has been replaced with a procharger & fast fuel injection I will test this set up as soon as the weather breaks I have been around a few of these boxes on pulling tractors but normaly two moters in to one drive shaft aprox. 4500 Hp with out trouble this should be no trick with only 1500-2000. the engine builders will tell you that it isn't the best thing but remember they want to sell two engines not one! I will keep you posted on speeds & problems, but will not quit until I have at least run faster than posted in powerboat! Hope to run desert storm shootout may not get speed record there with the elevation, but should be 100% by shootout Lake of the Ozarks.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

By the way, just so everyone knows each other......

Scott (littledscrodshop) you met Brant in Chattanooga at the races!! That was the first race for him in my boat as the navigator. Oh, and the Nordic is in KANSAS!!!

Brant, Scott was the guy that was taking measurements of the drives and motors on the race boat as we were packing up on Sunday after the races. I know I introduced you two. He has a 28 Saber that he is building a monster motor for....

Later, Brad
Old 02-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FunHome
By the way, just so everyone knows each other......

Scott (littledscrodshop) you met Brant in Chattanooga at the races!! That was the first race for him in my boat as the navigator. Oh, and the Nordic is in KANSAS!!!

Brant, Scott was the guy that was taking measurements of the drives and motors on the race boat as we were packing up on Sunday after the races. I know I introduced you two. He has a 28 Saber that he is building a monster motor for....

Later, Brad
Great introduction Brad..... Again.... lol.....

I just seen the posts that Brant made yesterday & ment to reply & I must say thats kinda funny !!!! You know what they say "Small World" Somtimes I think I need to get out more...lol

Well Brant I see you have been lurking around OSO for alittle while Here is your official Welcome to the board from me..

Glad to see the boat is in good company & I can't wait to see the results.... You sure you don't just want to abandon the splitter project & go with twins & send me the splitter !! Come on Please !!!!

Keep me informed as to the progress & I you get a chance send me some pics........ Brad has my Email address.

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 02-15-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

boatingbent: If you are still around here shoot me an email when you get an opportunity..

littledcsrodshop(at)comcast(dot)net

Thanks, Scott