nordic vs sonic

Notices

nordic vs sonic

Old 09-28-2009, 01:01 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Yep, we sold the Glad in Jan after we bought our 35 Motion Cat. Now we have the Sutphen and Motion. Both are for sale too! If was fun running in the rain at NYC. You looking for another ride?
I loved that Glad, but the Sutphen is sweet too! Nice that you got a cat, I kick around the idea of a 28 Skater for the next one, no more messing around the bilge and would scoot 60-70 miles up the Sound nicely to get to the east end in a reasonable time from Norwalk.

For the time being we're out of boating, the economy has taken a toll on this family with me being in construction and Diane in the secondary mortgage market. We sold the PP and the 'vette and have hunkered down until we see some change. Not fun but we gotta deal with reality too.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Indy
The colors I ordered were correct, but they reversed the colors on the flag! When I went to the Nordic factory to check it out I said there must have been an error, the colors were reversed. They said nope, that's what I ordered. Then I had them pull the color sheet that I sent to them and they saw that there was a mistake. They had a buyer from Cinci that loved it and he bought it with the 575 package and they built me another hull with the correct color pattern. The boat is beautiful no doubt, I just wanted the purple as the primary color on the flag.

I'm sure your boat is plenty fast too!!! It would probably blow what little hair I have left right off my head!! Have fun and be safe.
Love my screwed up gelcoat. I think they got it right. If you look at the upper stripes fading from yellow to dark purple towards the transom, it has better continuity with the lower yellow stripe changing to dark purple checkers in the same direction. It's also one of the only Heats I've seen with graphics on both sides of the front deck.
Steve
Attached Thumbnails nordic vs sonic-boat-pics-009-small-.jpg   nordic vs sonic-boat-pics-015-small-.jpg  
Old 09-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

You're right...looks beautiful in those pics! Your boat definitely had better fades than one we ultimately received. Our transitions from yellow to purple took place in a few inches whereas yours fade over a long length. The gel dude did ours on a Saturday morning, maybe Friday night wasn't too good to him.

I still love that deck design to this day. We adapted it from a Nordic we saw at the Ft. Lauderdale boat show when we flew down to see one and get a test ride for the first time.