nordic vs sonic >

nordic vs sonic

Notices

nordic vs sonic

Old 09-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nordic vs sonic

i like what i here about sonics ride in the big stuff and i like the room in the cabin looking at a prowler or 31ss

how does the 28 heat run with a 496 ?
and the 35 flame with 500efi s ?
are these boats any good in the heavyer stuff and how about the room down stairs.
would be boating on lake ontario

sonic or nordic or other? thanks
Old 09-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know much about the Sonics, but I think they look dated compared to the styling of the Nordics.

Chris
Old 09-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Registered

We are a dealer for both Nordics and Sonics.

We have a few 28 Nordics in stock as well as a new 07 leftover 31SS Sonic and a used 35 Flame.

The Sonic and the 28 Nordic will be in the water for the Lake Cumberland Poker Run next weekend, if you are in the area. Take a ride in both and see for yourself.

The Sonic is definately a well built, offshore performance boat that likes the big water. It does have a hull design that has been the same for many years, but it is proven to work very well. There is also a lot of room in the cabin and a decent amount of amenities. This boat runs in the 70's with twin 496's.

The '01 35 Flame with 500's that we have runs in the high 80's. It also rides very well. A new 35 Flame with 525's in it will run in the lower 90's. This is a lighter boat than a Sonic and the graphics are usually flashier. Another extremely well built boat with a lot of attention to detail.

A 28 Nordic with a 496 will usually run between 67 and 73, depending on the boat and conditions.

We have 10 Nordics in stock and one Sonic. The Sonic fills the gap between the 28 Nordic and the 35 Nordic.

www.unlimitedmarine.com to see the inventory.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Registered

agreed that the nordics are a sleek looking boat,and that flame is fast.
any other coments out there,especialy on ride and quality of construction.
thanks again
Old 09-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

My 28 with a 496 at sea level ran 67 once...that was downhill! 65 most days, 62 summer heat. The only time it saw 70+ was on the trailer.

I had it in Long Island Sound which can get a decent chop, not the best ride with 22 degrees and a pad. I think it's a better lake boat, it definitely wasn't constructed to be an offshore boat. That being said it had a great cabin, great looking, great fit & finish.

Sonic is going to be a better Lake Ontario boat. Now there was a 35 Flame around here which did well in these waters...better bet than the 28.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:28 PM
Registered

good info indy
what your saying is what i was thinking
i was boating a lot in the fingerlakes, i have 5 lakes within
1 hour including ontario.

not sure what i'am gona do.
i plan on trailering for now and i like the variety of the lakes.
been wanting something bigger with twins but probably better
off with single engine smaller boat , pluss the cost is easyer to sell to the wife'

sold my boat so i'am gona by something
Old 09-20-2009, 06:54 AM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ghabeck
good info indy

off with single engine smaller boat , pluss the cost is easyer to sell to the wife'

Bigger is better, I have a Flame, first twin for me. I was nervous about the size at first but it I could not see myself back in a smaller single. I boat on the Potomac and Chesapeake bay. We can have often 3 footers. You like the size when caught in them. I have had it through 5 footers, no fun no matter what you have. Both are good boats.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:00 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by ghabeck
good info indy

I think you're better off with a bigger twin. I'm not sure I could ever go back to a single again after a twin. However, cash is king. The bigger twins cost more to run for sure.

I had the Nordic for 3 seasons on Long Island Sound, and I've been on a 28 Pantera on the same body of water. There is no comparison as to the ride between the two, Pantera without question is much better in the slop. It has a sharp entry and 24 degree deadrise and no steps, notches, or any other garbage. However, the freeboard on the Pantera is terrible and the fit and finish is not even close to the Nordic. Take away the swim platform and notch in the Nordic and it's not really a 28' boat, the Pantera is all hull. I guess you can't have it all. Maybe you can look at a 28 AT?
Old 09-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

31SS here.....boat loves chop. And in my opinion has one of the more spacious cuddies. I will never own a boat under 30ft again.The trick to big waves is a longer boat with speed (preferably above 60) Some may argue but I will vouch for the sonic in large waves. I have also had EXCELLENT customer service from sonic. My boat did not come with a owners manual and they have been quick to reply on any questions I have had.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:48 PM
Registered

I Think What Ever I Get Will Be 24 Degres
The At's Are Nice No Dout
I Wiil Keep Looking
Thanks For The Info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.