Wind deflectors for 35 Flame

Notices

Wind deflectors for 35 Flame

Old 04-14-2005, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Wind deflectors for 35 Flame

Originally Posted by Linster
Who did that for you? Will we be able to order some from your source? They look like Aluminum or Stainless? Very nice look so far. Really waiting to see them on the boat. Whats the 4th one for?

we desighn, illustrate, and fabricate in house. the pieces were done just yesterday, and desighned on solid works friday. the machine is a 20 tool change haas. one bad mo-fo.and yea you can order them from us.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

also they are aluminium. and the small circular piece is a steering wheel hub, the other is a vent with a recessed screen from behind to replace ski pilon, as a vent.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paul:
The deflectors are in. They look great, and the engineering appears to be very sound (should be for $500 ).
I'll let you guys know how well they work soon.
Regards,
Steve
PS On the vent thing, I totally agree. There's no way the 575Sci on my boat could breathe efficiently through those two small air intakes below the sunlounge. I know it's a styling quirk of the Nordics to keep the decks sleek and clean, but some air intakes in the engine compartment deck area would help these boats breath better.
I've added 2 billet intakes to the front of the hatch, just above the rear seat, and another one in the center/rear of the sunlounge/hatch when I rebuilt it to clear the intercooler.
Instead of 2, I now have a total of 5. If I could figure out how to downsize my jpegs I would send the pics.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Steve........I am glad you are happy with the construction. They are solid and engineered very well.......they better be is right ....LOL.......and they better deflect the wind too for 500 BIG ONES
Old 04-14-2005, 10:14 PM
Registered

This is very preliminary, but on a quick evening run, the deflectors did seem to work pretty well. Interestingly, they seemed to work better the faster I ran. At 60, the airflow through the cockpit was fairly smooth..................
More to follow.
Steve
Old 04-16-2005, 11:34 AM
Registered

Thanks for the update Steve.....Keep us posted.

Brian - SICK NORDIC will be installling his as well this week. We'll compare notes.

Paul
Old 04-17-2005, 07:53 AM
Registered

Guys,
I was reserving judgement until A. I had run with them at full throttle (over 80), and B. Had seen what effect they had while I was using the bolsters standing vs seated.
Regardless of speed, they deflected air very well, with no rattles or shakes, or flexing that I could dectect.
Bottom line.........overpriced (four hinged mounts and 2 pieces of lexan, come on ) but effective.
Regards,
Steve
Old 04-17-2005, 09:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
Guys,
I was reserving judgement until A. I had run with them at full throttle (over 80), and B. Had seen what effect they had while I was using the bolsters standing vs seated.
Regardless of speed, they deflected air very well, with no rattles or shakes, or flexing that I could dectect.
Bottom line.........overpriced (four hinged mounts and 2 pieces of lexan, come on ) but effective.
Regards,
Steve

Kinda like the FERRARI ENZO...................
Old 05-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Registered

Steve do you have a picture of the wind deflectors on the boat? I took my boat out for the first time this weekend and my wife was not to happy with the wind blast.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Registered

Lotti:
I'm out of town (Louisville, Derby week ) on business ................
I'll post a pic when I get back to Nashvegas.
Steve

Quick Reply: Wind deflectors for 35 Flame

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.