Notices

Northern NJ spots

Old 08-20-2006, 10:47 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Re: Northern NJ spots

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
Pulled a Panther today and ran up to Terrytown.
I called you around 11 but your cell phone was off. You must have turned around at the hook cause of the south swell..

I headed down south this afternoon, 3-4 ft southeast swell. We missed ya.

Got back early and went swimming for a while, all in all it was a great weekend.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
I called you around 11 but your cell phone was off. You must have turned around at the hook cause of the south swell..

I headed down south this afternoon, 3-4 ft southeast swell. We missed ya.

Got back early and went swimming for a while, all in all it was a great weekend.
We ran down to just about Monmouth Beach before heading up the Hudson, the boys wanted to see hells gate so I figured Terrytown would be a better ride than the sand bar.
Had my first real experience with current that actually affected the boat. On the way home we ran down the Harlem river. There were 2 tugs pushing a huge barge with a crane on it into the side of a bulkhead so their prop was was perpendicular to our travel. It was a strange feeling to have the boat move so far sideways, expecially in the narrow river up there.

I think at 11 I was still home or just pulling out, who knows.....
When I got on the train this morning Jack says "is your boat really that loud? I was sitting in my back yard and say you heading home around 4." I didn't think my little mills are that loud
Old 08-21-2006, 08:08 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

We ran down to just about Monmouth Beach before heading up the Hudson, the boys wanted to see hells gate so I figured Terrytown would be a better ride than the sand bar.
Had my first real experience with current that actually affected the boat. On the way home we ran down the Harlem river. There were 2 tugs pushing a huge barge with a crane on it into the side of a bulkhead so their prop was was perpendicular to our travel. It was a strange feeling to have the boat move so far sideways, expecially in the narrow river up there.

I think at 11 I was still home or just pulling out, who knows.....
When I got on the train this morning Jack says "is your boat really that loud? I was sitting in my back yard and say you heading home around 4." I didn't think my little mills are that loud
Cool. West wind yesterday, blows the sound over.

Thanks again for letting me use the lift on Friday.

Last edited by Panther; 08-21-2006 at 08:13 AM.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
Cool. West wind yesterday, blows the sound over.

Thanks again for letting me use the lift on Friday.
Forgot to tell you, there was a 4' shark spotted feeding up by the Goose Neck Point bridge on Saturday. That's pretty far up for a shark of that size.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:54 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Forgot to tell you, there was a 4' shark spotted feeding up by the Goose Neck Point bridge on Saturday. That's pretty far up for a shark of that size.
On Friday Larry thinks he saw what may have been a Manatee in the Navesink River. He saw something come out of the water and it wasn't a shark or a sunfish...just big and round...then dissapeared into the water...

Now we have Sharks and Manatee's....WTF is going on.. BTW, I was watching Jaws last night..
Old 08-21-2006, 09:56 AM
Registered

Canyou eat Manatee's. I'll bring my shot gun let's go huntin.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:22 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Ok, so I just checked the weather for the weekend and can't believe my eyes...this must be a typo!

73 degress on Saturday and Sunny! Just yesterday they said low-mid 80's....
Old 08-23-2006, 06:26 PM
Registered

Looks like some cool air from the great white north after the rain tonihgt/tomorow. I'm calling fla tomorrow to line up winter storage! Actually Motor has a 10000 lb lift in his backyard in cape coral he's not using! Was hoping to work on nicks boat tomorrow night and get the radios straightened out , they will be in tomorrow , but wee'll have to see if it rains. Any plans for a run this weekend? Paddy's? Is MTM back together? Mr V on vacation? waaaaaaazzzup?
Old 08-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hunster
Looks like some cool air from the great white north after the rain tonihgt/tomorow. I'm calling fla tomorrow to line up winter storage! Actually Motor has a 10000 lb lift in his backyard in cape coral he's not using! Was hoping to work on nicks boat tomorrow night and get the radios straightened out , they will be in tomorrow , but wee'll have to see if it rains. Any plans for a run this weekend? Paddy's? Is MTM back together? Mr V on vacation? waaaaaaazzzup?
Nah, in Boston hoping to be driving home with a motor tomorrow night. The engine guy really thinks he can get 110hp out of the motor without needed to burn av gas or race gas. That a lot of hp out of a 49 cu in 3 cyl on pump gas. Damn thing is gonna fly, now figuing that we'll be spinning a 23 up to 8000rpm. At 14% slip that is over 80 mph...faster than the pumpkin. Who's gonna do some prop testing with me
Old 08-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That type of shark? There was a spoting of a ten foot thresher here in shark river. So in reality it was probably closer to 4-6 ft. but still.

Quick Reply: Northern NJ spots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.