Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
Philadelphia Area >

Philadelphia Area

Notices

Philadelphia Area

Old 08-18-2009, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool man, I have spoken to Bill a bunch of times, and ordered a ton of stuff from him. i didnt know they were the same shop. Solves my problem right there. Thanks guys.

Now I could send it up to JC Performance, but now that they are big time, they are also big time prices.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:10 AM
jln
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im in for the 5th and 6th, just made a reservation, Phil hope it all comes within your budget and time frame , seems like you will have your choice of checkmates if you need a lift. Mark i will be in touch, you did nothing over the weekend to diminish your role as team leader. i think your stuck with it , with knowledge comes great responsiblity. or is that with drinking comes great responsibility?????? anyway thanks for leading , John we saw you heading out of lloyds we were anchored out along the shore near the mouth of the sassafrass, we were so beat and tired, it was a long day we were up at 5 and i guess it was 530 or so when we saw you heading home , boat sounded sweet, when we got back to northest Phil had just been dropped off by tow boat, how ironic we all left at the same time and returned at the same time.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Philm
post up a picture of it. Where does he run? There arent many Krypts around this area.

So I started the whole head pulling process. Got the headers off, intake manifold, rocker arms. Found out that the rear cylinder on the port side busted a retainer and broke the intake valve off. Not looking good for the pistons. Intake valve on the stbd side appears intact, but i still need to pull the heads and inspect them. I just dont have time tonight to finish it.

Anyone know some good engine builders in teh Delaware area? I keep hearing the name Rudy Dryden but need his info if anyone has it.
we keep our boats in essington
Old 08-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Registered

hereis his boat
Attached Thumbnails Philadelphia Area-2.jpg  
Old 08-18-2009, 05:12 PM
Registered

I have seen that boat on here before, and i saw it at the chesapeake in a few months back. Sweet looking boat for sure.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:28 PM
Registered

Whoa Whoa, I wasnt team leader. That was Mark. Too much responsibility for me to handle.

Looks like this might just be the end of the season for me, because I figure that this is going to be more than I can afford right now. Anyone want to trade a blown 598ci/800hp N/A for a 525efi????? straight up trade.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:37 AM
Registered

phil, just start calling around to all the big motor builders, cobra in fla comes to mind. they are always getting in new 525, 500 efi takeouts. i would have jc performance do the engine and let them put it on a consignment type of deal. actually they might be the best deal if they even slightly stand behind their work. a motor with 60 hours is very low time. keep me posted on your progress. mark
Old 08-19-2009, 11:22 AM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Mark I think your right about Phil going back to JC and see if they can do anything to help him out. With only 60 hours on the engine, I would think parts failure or some adjustment spring pressure issue. I understand the whole high perf. clause but they might be able to work something out. If their shop is on good terms with the parts manufacturers they can work some magic and maybe get them to kick in parts or something. Phil, what did the piston(s) look like? Just one cylnder affected and one head? Keep us posted.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Registered

nope, two cylinders, both heads. Opposing cylinders, boat of them intake valves. I havent gotten the heads off yet, i have been pretty busy. I guarentee that the port piston is destroyed, as 3/4's of the valve was gone.

I will get in touch with Jeff at JC and see what can be done and what my options are. I am seriously considering getting it fixed and then selling it, to pick up a 525efi. Just seems to be a much more reliable setup that will still run me over 80mph.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:06 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Am I the only one finding that kinda wierd? Opposing cylnders? What would cause that? I think that would require an explanation from someone. Multipul cylnders is strange enough to happen at once. I could see random cylnders maybe, but opposing just strikes me as a wierd coincidence. Which cylnders?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.