Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
Philadelphia/Delaware River Area >

Philadelphia/Delaware River Area

Notices

Philadelphia/Delaware River Area

Old 04-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think lowering your x will help your loose feeling and porpoise .. I hope to catch up with you sometime.. Bill
Old 04-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fireboatpilot
Yea, it's not that I need to go any faster but I know the boat has more to give. Best so far was 106 but it was pretty hairy and only lasted for a few secs before I let out of it. Engines where up on the 6K limiters, azz was real loose and proposing. Still had more throttle to go say 25% more. I figure dropping the "X" down should help the porposing and azz control. After that I have some 1.36 gears for the lowers to install so I can get down from the 36 blades I'm running now. just want to see how fast all this work CAN go. I'm happy to cruise the 80's. Lookin forward to this season for sure.

If your ever out and are up Philly way, I work at the Philly Fireboat at the USCG station. Give me a call and stop in, 215-768-4172 Bill
what way are you spinning your props? if they are in , they will lift your stern and loosen you up also..
Old 04-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Registered

How's the boat coming Bill?
Old 04-24-2011, 08:19 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Turns out the "X" was over 2" above the bottom of the boat. No wonder it got loose. Actually spaced it down 1 1/2". Didn't do the re-gear yet though. Looks like we'll splash it this week and see how it runs now that the props are a little deeper then we'll go from there. I haven't had a chance to do any more on the windshields but that's not gonna hold me back. I'm just so friggin busy right now with personal crap. Had my first grandson last week from my oldest son and my youngest son gets out of Marine boot camp in 2 weeks. I figure I'll be hitting the water mid May. Cosmetic stuff I can do when ever and the re-gearing can wait if it has too. Damn fuel prices might put a slight damper on things?
Old 04-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Registered

Yeah , the fuel sucks.. I run AV gas , makes me want to stay home..lol
Old 04-25-2011, 05:15 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Baja555
Yeah , the fuel sucks.. I run AV gas , makes me want to stay home..lol
AV gas! Man that must be hard to find out on the water, LOL. I'd be thinking about dropping the compression a little during the next tear down? Supposedly I can run regular thru mine since their only 9.2:1 but since I do 95% of my fueling before I drop it off the trailer, high test is easy to find. Maybe I'll try a blend this season and see if there's a noticable difference in power, but it becomes a PITA I would immagine?
Old 04-25-2011, 06:07 PM
Registered

Yeah, There's a airport right down the street from me so its not an issue.. I only use it because it doesnt have ethanol in it .. The ethanol will eat my tanks..
Old 05-11-2011, 07:57 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

OK, so I just talked to Danny up at Bandit and he tells me they ran my boat yesterday and it did 115mph. We're still running up on the rev limiters with 36P 4 blades so time to make some decisions on wether or not to put in the 1:36 gears in the lowers. The spacers helped with the porposing and loose azz. We're now at 7/8" above the bottom. Boat comes out pretty quick and gets up on plane with zero trim no problem. I'm thinking I'm gonna just run it like this this season and not do any more changes until next down winter. He seems to think it has another 10mph in it. Fast enough for me right now, that is until I get behind the throttles again. Bringing it home next week after my kid goes back to the Marines. Good to have him home for the past few days. See you all out there soon.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:15 AM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Bringing the boat home on Thursday. I'll start hacking out the old windshields on Saturday. Probly hit the river for a test run after that and get ready for Memorial day weekend.

looking at setting up a trip down to Chesapeke for the second weekend in June. I'll post when I know it's for sure. Any and all welcome to join in.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Registered

anybody gonna do anything for memorial day on the river, hoping to be back together and head out for memorial weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.