2011 NPBA Old Saybrook RUn July 23rd

Notices

2011 NPBA Old Saybrook RUn July 23rd

Old 07-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChristianGott
never underestimate the power of the force.......last year a
30' sonic won the trophy for the around LI run, beating out a pair of really fast cats....it's not the lap time for this event, it's all in the cards....run it!
The cats decided not to run and beat the hell out of their boats with 8' swells. It was a race for a world record and that couldn't happen in those conditions. The sonic was the only boat that decided to run the race and hats off to them for running it and winning
Old 07-08-2011, 06:28 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by C5Steve
The cats decided not to run and beat the hell out of their boats with 8' swells. It was a race for a world record and that couldn't happen in those conditions. The sonic was the only boat that decided to run the race and hats off to them for running it and winning
Vee bottom win again!
Old 07-08-2011, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ChristianGott
never underestimate the power of the force.......last year a
30' sonic won the trophy for the around LI run, beating out a pair of really fast cats....it's not the lap time for this event, it's all in the cards....run it!
Thats right C is all in the poker hands. 90% of the guys run the first leg hard and cruise around the course. Boats of all sizes are welcome and its usually those guys leaving with the trophy and money!
Old 07-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah inner its a poker run not a race you pick cards its not the best cards go to the first boats

It will be a great event no doubt
Old 07-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Registered

but will a 21 ft boat have no problem in the sound that far out, its not on a lake, maybe i will just hang out that day at the finish line i got a couple of friends from puerto rico coming over that weekend(.)(.)
Old 07-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by innerrage
but will a 21 ft boat have no problem in the sound that far out, its not on a lake, maybe i will just hang out that day at the finish line i got a couple of friends from puerto rico coming over that weekend(.)(.)
Signor innerrage,

A 21' boat is puuuurfect for a PokHer Fun , aah I
mean aah Yaah Poker Run. Thats it !!!
Old 07-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Old Saybrook

Mike,Rich and I will be there! Can't Wait!!!
Old 07-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by innerrage
I wouldnt run that course in a 21 like yours but thats just me.

depending on the weather it could be a rough day in a 41
Old 07-09-2011, 07:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by C5Steve
The cat pulled off the the course, the OL SV 52 broke one driveline...If every racer in every race pulled off the course because they were not going to break a world record on that particular day we would not have racing of any kind- foot, boat auto, plane etc...sorry dude its OFFSHORE racing sh!t breaks then you fix it. I don't mean any disrespect Steve (thanks for the kudos) just tired of hearing people who call themselves "offshore powerboaters" whining about "offshore" conditions ...rant done back to your regularly scheduled program
Old 07-09-2011, 07:35 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonic30ss
The cat pulled off the the course, the OL SV 52 broke one driveline...If every racer in every race pulled off the course because they were not going to break a world record on that particular day we would not have racing of any kind- foot, boat auto, plane etc...sorry dude its OFFSHORE racing sh!t breaks then you fix it. I don't mean any disrespect Steve (thanks for the kudos) just tired of hearing people who call themselves "offshore powerboaters" whining about "offshore" conditions ...rant done back to your regularly scheduled program
+1 for this guy
-Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.