Martha's Vineyard trip >

Martha's Vineyard trip

Notices

Martha's Vineyard trip

Old 04-04-2014, 04:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Mike why wouldn't you go? Why be a flay ma.
I'm antisocial
No, We just went a lot last year. I'm kinda spent on the mv thing. $8 beer, $14 mixers. Everything is a fuchin and my butt is just starting to recover from last season.
Well see though......
Old 04-04-2014, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm not familiar with the area, do you know the name of the street for the public ramp down the road?
Are you allowed to park over night?
How's the parking?
Thanks
Old 04-04-2014, 05:33 PM
Registered

Look at city of newbedford website. They just rebuilt one. Not so sure your car would be 100% secure overnight. There's also a ramp on the other side of the harbor in fairhaven next to the seaport inn. That's a town ramp also.
Both are relatively cheap launch fees. Fairhaven ramp can get tight with ****y parking especially for longer rigs.
Another option would be Taylor point marina out of bourne. It's also town owned but will make your trip considerably longer if you launch there (+/- 30 mins) the facility is nice and your rig will be safe. From there you'd follow hog island channel which is always rough, go thru woods hole which is very confusing on your first pass thru because the channel splits with a ledge middle ground. Take the preferred channel thru there, or better yet just follow another boat thru there! It's a zoo on the weekends

Last edited by scarab63; 04-04-2014 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:13 AM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scarab63
I'm antisocial
No, We just went a lot last year. I'm kinda spent on the mv thing. $8 beer, $14 mixers. Everything is a fuchin and my butt is just starting to recover from last season.
Well see though......
If you had gone racing you can drink your own beer in the pits. Just sayin
Old 04-05-2014, 10:16 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Other option I had is leaving out of Westport point. The trip is about 10/15 minutes longer but over all time is about 30/40 minutes at a light cruise 55 or so. Start pushing it and get there a bit faster.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bwd
If you had gone racing you can drink your own beer in the pits. Just sayin
Ha. This is true although I think the costs of racing makes mv trips look like chump change.
I'm gonna get my azz to at least two races this year. Hopefully more if $ allows. ...... After all, I'm ****ing loaded!!! I've got hundreds of dollars in my bank account.

Better lock your cooler in the pits n****!
Old 04-05-2014, 11:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Other option I had is leaving out of Westport point. The trip is about 10/15 minutes longer but over all time is about 30/40 minutes at a light cruise 55 or so. Start pushing it and get there a bit faster.
Mike Westport ramp kinda sucks balls I think
Old 04-05-2014, 07:28 PM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scarab63
Ha. This is true although I think the costs of racing makes mv trips look like chump change.
I'm gonna get my azz to at least two races this year. Hopefully more if $ allows. ...... After all, I'm ****ing loaded!!! I've got hundreds of dollars in my bank account.

Better lock your cooler in the pits n****!
If you show up bro you can have as much of my beer as you want.......I usually don't buy it.:-) The crew does
Old 04-07-2014, 05:38 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Any dates work better for more then less? Trying to gauge best time to go.
Thanks
Old 04-07-2014, 06:39 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 74 Likes on 24 Posts

I go over 6-8 times a season,for the last 6 years.Never had a problem with noise cops.Twin 525's,no mufflers.But as some have said,economy is getting better for them,and they may start to "pick" on boats they don't want there.
Just an FYI ,all the slips against the bulkhead are free,and first come first serve,before Memorial day,and after Labor Day. We always do an early run and grab a slip. If you go over peak season, leave EARLY! If the weathers good,the town moorings fill up fast. I'll keep an eye on the thread,and shot over. Jeff

Last edited by BONDO10; 04-08-2014 at 06:01 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.