Randy took his ball and went home >

Randy took his ball and went home

Notices

Randy took his ball and went home

Old 03-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess the question should be.......

Why are so many class 5 teams coming out in 2008 when the current prize purse is only paying the top 3 teams....

I would say.....just maybe it has to do what OPA IS ALL ABOUT.....

The great race sites...
The family enviroment...
The great people racing in this Org....
The no entre fee's...
The rules OPA has put forth....
The great racing....
The great compitition......

There will always be room for improvment in anything.....

But if class 5 will grow bigger because of a few extra bucks to each teams....and you all are willing to work for it....
Get a few teams that are going to race the whole season and are willing to take charge of a sponsorship program and call me.....I will get you guys started and head you in the right direction.....in return you will be also be helping OPA becuase you will also be promoting them....but nothing is free...you will have to take time to do it.....

We have said.....if a team really needs some money to get to a race and they are not taking advantage of us we would do whatever we can to get them to a race.....

Last edited by MANITIE; 03-25-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:11 AM
Registered

I agree with Randy that providing some purse money beyond the first three positions in all classes makes alot of sense.I also really support the idea of a tow package to all the teams in exchange for higher purses.OPA has done a great job of making our sport as afforable as possible,and this would certainly be another step in the right direction.

Remember the initial no entry fee race in Camden in 2005...we had alot more boats than any other race that season!I think that if the money is spread around as much as much as possible, more teams will participate in more races.More boats will result in better races for the race teams,fans and the sponsors!This is the exact reason why OPA is starting to receive the backing it deserves.2008 is going to an incredible year for offshore powerboat racing....thanks OPA!
Old 03-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Guys,

I dont have a dog in this fight by any means, I see myself as a guest in your playground. Couldnt this be handled a little more democraticly? In all sections of the racers areas this has been the best winter yet as far as OSO is concerned. Being a sponsored based team, relying on sponsorship to be able to attend races, this winter I have recieved a lot of interest in potential sponsors as opposed to years past where I was given the response,"Do you know about OSO? We want no part of offshore racing if thats how you guys act" Let me tell you thats a hard one to get out of.

Take the rifts off the boards, maybe, if you havent already elect class reps, as OSS and SBI have and pick up the phone and call each rep with your suggestion, which in turn the rep forwards it to Smitty. This gives Smitty the oportunity to deal with 6 people as opposed to 100. As has been proven in OSS and SBI things fall in to place easier and more effenciatly(sp)

These boards are a double-edged sword and with the efforts that Smitty and the staff of OPA have done in the past couple of years they should be commended, but if the strife continues here on the board, it just hurts the marketing staff of OPA from getting any fish to bite which in turn puts more money in our pockets as racers. OSO is on every search engine and the public watches our every move.

We also need to applaud Randy for what he has been able to do in the SVL class with OSS. I have tried doing the same on my side of the fence with no success, so I relate to his efforts and take my hat off to him for his achomplishment.

Ok back to my corner!!!

Trent
Old 03-25-2008, 09:48 AM
Registered

Trent.....I agree....OPA has had a open door policy since Smitty took over....Its just so simple to pick up the phone and call.....
Old 03-25-2008, 11:20 AM
VIP Member

Trent, nicely done.

I can confirm, on many occaisions when I visit sites, the promoters sooner or later have that famous question. "What is up with that OSO Forum." And they usually ask about the same teams. I cannot comment, here. I am as guilty as the next guy. I have learned from my mistakes, and have seen the damage that has resulted. The problem here is we all always want more from our sport, and dont hold back our emotions when something or someone stirrs the pot. But, a lot of good things have come from all the controversy as well. All I can say is, If your momma was reading this, what would you post? Lets just use our heads. Gino Barney's been talkin with Puff. I aint pretty.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:54 PM
Registered

Smitty.....Puff called me last night....and told me how cute Barney looks when Puff makes him put on a dress at night.... Puff also said he's not use to seeing Barney from behind....but in this case he's OK being behind Barney in that position.....He's just glad you have the pipes coming out the back at that angle......

I always thought Barney was a little light in his loffers....

Last edited by MANITIE; 03-26-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Racer
Racer

Hey Trent,
You've definately made the most sense on here in a long time. We all get a little protective of our racing families and sometimes spout off while still under adreneline boost. We, I, all of us I think sometimes take this as a "racers only" forum and forget other people are on here as they should be. Also I do think some good comes out of these post's, it gives us a peek at whats on each others minds. It also has a bad side as it gives us a peek at whats on each others minds, lol. We all start racing soon and that should calm things down
Louie

PS Gino, that light on the loafers remark can only piss Barney off! LOL
Old 03-26-2008, 09:34 AM
Registered

I know Louie....I can never stop myself from saying bad things about Barney...even if Puff is under the same roof with that Purple animal.....